twenty one.

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

namjoon would softly glance at the side of jungkook's head from the corner of his eyes, watching the younger male turn around to look at the person, giving their frame a quick scan. jungkook would almost open his mouth to speak, pausing when he felt namjoon tug at his arm softly.

"i think you've got the wrong person.. kim namjoon doesn't have this hair color, does he ?" he'd state, pretending to be busy on his phone while softly tugging at jungkook's frame to guide him forth, a sigh of relief leaving his lips when the other person apologized, moving forth to another painting.

"but aren't you kim namjoon?–"

"keep it low, baby.. i'll explain stuff in a second.." namjoon would interrupt, fixing his glasses and mask as he made way around, looking for a place to talk to the younger privately for a brief moment. one peaceful date with his lovely boyfriend is all he wanted.

he'd finally find the restrooms, walking in as he checked all the compartments to make sure they really were all alone.

"uh, baby.." namjoon would mutter, taking his glasses and mask off, the younger finally seeing his boyfriend's face, smiling as he reached out for a hug, a low questioning hum leaving his lips.

"are you.. okay with keeping our relationship between us for a while?" the elder would add softly hands gently holding onto jungkook's waist, enveloping his frame in his embrace. and he hated, absolutely despised the pout that sentence brought onto jungkook's lips, his eyes staring up at the elder with confusion, hands clasping namjoon's biceps.

"wh.. why?" jungkook would stutter out a reply — was namjoon ashamed ? ashamed of dating a guy like jungkook? or probably because he isn't as rich as the latter ? is it the power imbalance or the fact that jungkook is an ugly broke college student–

"stop overthinking, bun" namjoon would whisper, knowing by the look in his boyfriend's eyes that he had too much on his mind.

"you know how a week ago.. we were kissing? in that no parking zone?" the elder would whisper, jungkook nodding softly as he snuggled into his embrace. "yeah so.. a video of us in my car surfaced up somehow. your face isn't visible, but mine is, really clearly.. and majority of the responses are not what i expected..." he'd add, reaching a hand up to tuck jungkook's locks behind his ear.

and they knew it was gonna be hard, despite the media part too. be it jungkook who had been bullied in university before just because he liked guys, whose mom probably stopped talking to him after he came out to his parents or be it namjoon who saw the general public go into uproar the day he came out as bisexual, feeling watched by everyone most of the time, every move overanalyzed — they knew it was gonna be hard when they'd start dating.

if only you could remove homophobia from the world.

"and i'm not ashamed of dating you, bun. i hope you know that.. the only reason i want to keep this between us is because I don't want the media to know about you. trust me, being in the headlines seems appealing, but that's not just it. they'd stalk you wherever you'd go, try to take out information about you as much as possible, and I'd do anything to keep you away from all this.." namjoon would state barely above a whisper, not really trusting his voice right now.

jungkook would stay quiet for the while, just leaning into the elder's touch for the while. "until when ?" he'd finally speak up after a while, earning a soft hum as a reply, the elder staring down at the ground as he thought for the while.