twenty two

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

it's been nine months since that incident, but hoseok never fails to bring it up whenever jungkook shows up at namjoon's workplace, grinning widely as he teased the either of them. and its embarrassing – jungkook heating up whenever he and namjoon made out in his cabin, always tugging at namjoon's arms to ask him to check if the doors are locked.

and these nine months have been great – yes they've fought a couple times here and there but they've made up too, always ending with namjoon cradling jungkook in his arms, littering kisses all over his face and shoulders.

today was yet another day, namjoon was busy with his work, countless files to be reviewed, most of his morning spent in the conference hall – all this chaos, but zero texts from jungkook. he's probably sleeping.. hm, that's most like it.

and he was, head hanging off off the bed, legs barely holding up to the bed and if it wasn't for yugyeom he probably would be late for class, eyes fluttering open as he was attacked by the pillows.

"ouch!" jungkook would groan, as he sat up facing the window, rubbing his eyes ever so softly. "get up birthday boy!" yugyeom would chuckle from the end of the room, jungkook tipping his head to the side. birthday boy ? is it first september already? he'd sigh, reaching out to grab his phone - it is indeed his birthday, but no texts from namjoon? that's sad..

wait, does namjoon even know his birthdate-? probably not.

is he supposed to text him first then? no, that makes this sadder..

"what's up with the pout?" yugyeom would ask while sipping on his coffee, watching jungkook stand up slowly, sighing as he stretched.

"i don't think namjoon knows it's my birthday today.. I don't remember if we ever talked about it, nor do i remember his.." jungkook would hum, walking to the bathroom, grabbing his toothbrush, glancing at yugyeom walking along with him.

"i could always text namjoon and tell him? you don't have to do it yourself" the taller of them two muttered, taking another sip of his coffee. jungkook would pout as he thought about it, shrugging eventually.

"i don't know.. maybe you shouldn't, I'll probably talk to him later"

"mm, sure" yugyeom would mutter, walking back to the kitchen as he grabbed his phone softly, going through his contacts quickly.

⠀  | yugyeom
⠀    hey namjoon..

⠀  | namjoon
⠀    yeah ? need something?

⠀  | yugyeom
⠀    is this an open invitation for me
⠀    to finally be your sugar baby ?

⠀  | namjoon
⠀    um no- just say what happened..
⠀    i have work to do, yugyeom.

⠀  | yugyeom
⠀    jeez okay, what date is it today ?

⠀  | namjoon
⠀    do i look like google to you..
⠀    it's first of september.

⠀  | yugyeom
⠀    UHHH it's kook's birthday

⠀  | namjoon
⠀    OH!??
⠀    brb-

namjoon would stare at his screen, lips parted softly. no wonder jungkook probably wasn't texting. is he mad? upset? god, namjoon really fucked up. he'd groan as he leaned back in the chair, staring up at the ceiling, only to look back down when his phone chimed up again.