03. Shehryar Asif

Dedicated to:: ZainabHera

~~

It's Friday night and you are sitting in your room, watching Kuch Kuch Hota hai while all your classmates are partying because it's Valentine's Day. You sigh when Rahul chooses Tina over Anjali and put away your laptop. As much as you love this movie, it reminds you of your own situation.

You are in love with your childhood best friend but, he is just too cool for you. He is hot, tall and Rich while you are shy, nerdy and a middle class girl. You both are friends since grade 2 but, now your life styles just don't match.

Rolling your eyes, you pick up your phone, hoping for at least one text from him, asking why you skipped the party. However, all you see are games notifications. It's disappointing how your friends didn't even flick you a text. But then again, they are not even your friends; they are Shehry's.

Shehry...... The name itself has an affect on you.

While you lie, face down, on your warm bed, the window of your room creaks. No one is at home and that scares you even more. You pick up a flower vase from your shelf and run for the potential thief.

"Aye! Maare gi Kya?!" A familiar voice yells at you as a hand comes forward and grabs your's.

"Shehry?" You frown while pulling your hand out of his grip.

"Nahi, mera bhoot!" He says sarcastically and you look away. "What are you doing here?" You ask.

"No. What are you doing here?" He asks you instead, still hanging on to the window sill, "3 hours I waited for you and you are at home in your PJs !" He groans as he tries to get inside.

However you stop him, "no one is at home. You can't come in so, Go and enjoy your party."

Shehry chuckles, "that means I can easily break in and kidnap you!" Your eyes widen and the smirk on his face grows wider.

"No, you can't do that!" You protest. "Let me in or else I will!" He warns you and you give up, knowing very well that he will never do something like that.

"Fine," you groan and head downstairs to open the door.

You stand there while Shehry climbs down the same pipe that he often uses to sneak into your room.

"Come on, let's go," he pants and holds your wrist but, you jerk his hand away.

"I am not coming," you tell him, "no one is interested in watching you dance with random chics."

"Jealous?" He raises an eyebrow and you look away, feeling annoyed.

"I am not!"

"Yes, you are!" He pulls your cheek and you push his hand away.

"What do you even want?" You finally ask and shut your eyes. Must be a silly request of convincing his current crush to go on a date with him.

"I want you!" He announces out of nowhere and your head jerks towards him. Did he just say that? You ask yourself, smiling internally.

However, what comes next, breaks your heart.

"I want you to come with me because I'm going to propose the love of my life tonight and I want you to be there."

Your eyes begin to sting and you gulp the knot in your throat. Finally the 'Tina' is here to unintentionally ruin your friendship and your narrow chances of actually ending up with him.

"I am sleepy and you are the one proposing anyway so, why do I need to tag along?" You ask, trying to sound as normal as possible but, miserably fail at it.

"But-"

"No buts, Shehry. I have no time for your nonsense and I am not coming!" You yell at him and turn away. All you want to do right now is cuddle your huge teddy bear and sleep.

"Tu nahi aayegi toh propose kise karunga?" His question leaves you paralysed.

You stare into his intense eyes, unable to speak. It takes you a good long pause to finally react. "W-what do y-you mean?" You stutter while he silently glares at you, rolling his lips inwards.

"I have been planning this for past 2 months now." He whispers as he steps towards you.

"I wasted so many years thinking that you were too good to be mine and that you will never reciprocate the feelings that I have for you," he gently takes your hands in his'. You stare into his eyes, thinking that you might have slept while watching Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and that it is nothing but a visual image of your own thoughts.

"Please don't-" you try to stop Shehry but, he silences you by placing a finger on your lips. "Shh. If you are going to tell me that you don't feel the same about me then think again."

Tears build up in your eyes when you realise that it was actually happening.

"The way you walked out on New Year's Eve, gave away your feelings. You were jealous of Stella that night," he reminds you and you think back to that night. How you wanted to murder that girl for dancing with Shehry.

"I have been planning this since then," he says and tears begin to flow freely from your eyes.

"Hey- please don't cry!" Shehry wipes your cheeks with his thumbs and cups your cheeks, "it hurts me to see you like this," he says and you close your eyes to fully feel that warm touch.

"And I always thought that you were just too ignorant to even notice my feelings," you tell him between light sobs and he laughs. "Oh man! You have no clue how much I have loved you and how much I have waited for this day!"

You blink at Shehry words and he shyly smiles at you, "yes, I am madly, deeply and head over jutti in love with you."

You giggle at his great use of vocabulary and he just stands there, scratching the back of his head. You lead Shehry to the centre of the garden and you both lie on the cold grass. Your head is on his chest as you silently watch the stars and hear his abnormally fast heart beat.

Is that because of me? You think and smile to yourself.

"Shehry, it still feels like a dream," you whisper, making Shehry chuckle. He slowly slips his fingers between yours and brings your hand towards his face.

Softly kisses the back of it, he asks, "Still?"

You couldn't help yourself from blushing and mentally thank God that it's dark out here. Controlling the wide grin that plays on your lips, you turn to face him.

"This will always be my beautiful dream," you whisper, running your fingers through his silky soft hair.

"And in this dream, you will always be my Princess," he kisses your forehead.

"Who will always be madly, deeply and head over jutti in love with you!"

~~~
Hey!
I know these OneShots aren't any different from the Instagram ones but right now I am too busy to write 2 separate versions.

I have had a lot of request to update them here asap because a lot of you prefer reading them here instead.

So, for now I will be uploading them without making any BIG changes. BUT, soon I'll start putting them into more details (:

LOVE ALWAYS❤️