1.

I felt the sticky sweat across my body as I fell back into the dirt. I felt the dirt go under my nails and I began backing up on my hands and feet. Rafe stood over me with a gun pointed at me, and he kept kicking at me as I backed away. I knew I wasn't going to be able to get out of this, this was it for me. I looked around to see Ward Cameron sitting on the deck behind us, intently watching his son about to commit murder.

"Stop moving. Or I will kill you."

"Aren't you going to do that either way?"

He didn't appreciate the comment and I was kicked again, this time in the ribs. I felt the oxygen in my throat come to a halt.

"Stop it! I told you to stop it!" He was holding his hair, practically ripping it from his scalp.

"Do it."

"Do what?"

I see the Pouges pulling up behind him, but Ward was there to stop them. I see him, his blonde hair in his face. He was trying to run up to Rafe but John B grabbed him quickly so he didn't get himself killed.

"Rachel! Rachel! I swear to god. I'll kill-" JJ was in a pile on the ground below John B and Sarah.

I felt tears beginning to roll down my face. I look back to Rafe, seeing his facial expression completely change. It was a puzzling look, as he waited for me to respond.

"Pull the fucking trigger."

-

"Good morning, pogues." I hear pans clashing together as I sat up from John B's couch.

I wipe my eyes to see JJ with two pots in his hands, smashing them together to create a loud banging noise. I looked around and see Pope, Kie, and John B also waking up around me.

"JJ, it's 8am on a Saturday. What could you possibly be doing up?" I scratch the back of my neck.

"Wastin' daylight, baby. Let's go."

"I'm not your baby."

"You wish you were though." He gives me a wink as he puts the pots away.

He leans against the kitchen wall with his juul in between his lips. He lets the smoke escape, tapping his foot on the ground.

"You just gonna stand there and burn a hole in me or are you gonna get dressed?" He puts his hat on backwards, sliding his sunglasses on his face.

"What am I getting dressed for?"

"Let's go surf, fish, all of the ocean activities, huh? Sound like a plan?"

"Sure, what about the rest?"

I just heard groans; we had quite the time the night before. It's what most of our nights consisted of, drinking, smoking, partying, and crashing. JJ and I basically lived at John B's because of our parents. Kie and Pope stayed on the nights that were tougher than others, and last night definitely was one of those nights.

"C'mon. Get up." JJ walks back into the living room as I shut the bathroom door to get into my swimsuit.

I splash my face with water and wipe it off with a towel hanging beside the sink. I grabbed my suit which was still a tad bit damp from the day before. It was a pink high waisted bikini. I slip out of my pajamas and into the suit. I throw on a pair of jean shorts and my button down hawaiian shirt, leaving the buttons undone.