6.

"JJ, are you crazy?" I heard Kie scream from inside John B's house. I was sitting around, making myself a sandwich. They all were arguing, I just watch them all scream at each other. I decided it probably was best if I just went home after the entire argument with JJ today, the several actually.

I grabbed my button up and pulled it on over my suit. I walked out the front door so none of them would question it. It was a long walk but I needed the exercise. I walked down the dirty road to the Kook side of the island. I saw a few familiar faces, the Cameron's. My neighbors. I absolutely despised them, I wanted to be them. They had it made. Sarah was the princess, she was everything I wanted to be and more. Rafe was one of my best friends when we were kids but I hadn't spoken to him in months. The wealth really got to them all. I saw them out on their patio. Ward and Rafe waved to me with a small smile across their faces.

"Rachel! Haven't seen you in a long time! How's it going?" I heard Ward call from across the yard.

"It's going well. Thank you for asking. How are you?"

"Doing just fine. Glad to see you."

I look to Rafe, giving him a warm smile. He smiled back just as brightly. He got up and walked over to me as I got to my patio.

"Why don't you join us for dinner tonight?" He smiled at me.

"Uhh, I don't know."

"Aw come on, just like old times! I miss you, you know. Too bad you're hanging around with those pogues, they're bad news." He changed attitudes quickly.

"Those pogues? You mean John B, Pope and JJ?"

"Yeah, especially JJ. He's bad news times two."

"Now why do you think that?"

"He's a deadbeat, just like his dad. Doing drugs and failing classes, probably has a few STD's with the amount of girls he sleeps with."

"You don't know him. He's not a deadbeat. He's my friend, Rafe. I'd appreciate it if you stayed out of my life and not be a dick to my friends."

"I should've known you were going to say that. That's too bad. You're a really smart and talented girl."

"Thank you, I guess? But, please stop, Rafe. They're people, they're my friends. I'm sorry that we grew apart but things just happen."

"That's a real shame. You are gonna regret becoming friends with them. You're gonna end up just like John B's father. Missing and to never be seen again."

I throw my hand to his face, sending a stinging pain through my hand.

"Screw you." I spit to him.

"You're going to regret that."

I turn around to walk up my patio, to see my mom standing in the doorway.

"Rachel?"

"Mom. I'm-"

She grabs me by my ear, pulling me into the living room. She throws her arms into me, sending me falling backwards.

"Do you have any idea how worried I've been?"

"Mom, I told you where I was."

"How am I supposed to know you're still there, that you haven't died or gotten hurt? I didn't hear from you after the hurricane."

"I've been at John B's. That's where I'm going to continue to stay."

"No you are not, young lady. You will listen to me. You're grounded for the rest of your damn life." She approached me, making me send my arms up in defense.