5.

I turned to look, seeing a white cast on the water.  Before anyone could say anything, I dive under the water and push my body through the current. I swam around it to see it was a nice boat, one I hadn't seen before. JJ knew everything about boats and I knew he would know what it was. I look back to see him behind me, the rest of the crew swimming behind him. I start kicking my feet to get back up to the surface. I gasp on the air, knowing I had been under for a while. My lungs weren't exactly the best at holding oxygen. I have JJ and his magnificent addiction to the devils lettuce to thank for that.

"That's a grady white! One of those are 500 g's easily." JJ came up from under the water, following the rest of the crew.

He was out of breath, just hovering in front of me as the rest started to swim back to HMS Pogue.

"We have to go back under, see if there's anything in there." I look back to John B.

"You're crazy. What if we get caught?" Pope says.

"What if there's a finders fee?" Kie looks to him and then to me, still hovering in the water.

I look over to JJ as he took a deep breath, attempting to go back under.

"You and your weed lungs aren't gonna last under there." I grab his shoulder but he shoves my hand off.

"I don't need you bossing me around, mom."

"Don't start this bullshit again. I'll leave."

"Go ahead; no ones stopping you." He growls back, getting back up on to the boat. John B looked to me with sadness in his eyes.

I swim up to the boat and push my legs off of it to push me farther underneath the water. I see the boat come into view, continuing to kick my legs as fast as I could. I get into the inside of the boat, finding a motel key attached to the side of the steering wheel. I looked around to see if I could find anything else but I felt my lungs get heavy. I pushed my body off the boat and started to swim back up.

My head was above water as I gasped loudly, coughing on the water. Everyone looks to me concerned, except JJ who had his arms crossed in front of his chest with a beer in his hand. John B reaches out for my hands and I grab them, him pulling me back into the boat. I felt my body practically melt into the front of the boat, my legs feeling like jello.

"Are you alright, Rach?" John B pulls hair from the front of my face, holding my cheek.

"I'm fine, just a little light headed is all."

"You find anything?" Kie adds behind him, looking over my body.

I hold my hand up, to show the key.

"A motel key? Seriously?" JJ walks up to me, taking the key from my hand. "You went into a ship wreck and all you found was a stupid motel key?"

"I'd like to see you go under and try to search it with your shitty lungs. I almost passed out." I spit in his face, standing up.

"JJ, c'mon. Get off your high horse." Kie slaps the back of his neck.

"What hotel is it?" Pope looks over the key.

"Let's go check it out." John B starts up the boat, looking back to me again. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm fine. Let's go." I walk over to Kie, grabbing a beer from the cooler. I opened it and began to drink.

"It's only noon?" She laughs at me.

"It's five o'clock somewhere, baby."

-

John B stops the boat on the edge of the land where the hotel was.

"This place is a dump. Looks like a meth lab." Kie looks out to the island, seeing all of the old mattresses they had thrown out after the hurricane.