27.

JJ stopped breathing, in my arms. He was gone. He was dead. They tried their hardest to save him, I watched them try to revive him in the ambulance. I buried my head into John B's chest, still crying. They took JJ out on the stretcher, leaving us alone in the ambulance outside of the hospital.

"Rach. Cmon let's go." John B lifted my face out of his chest, holding my cheeks.

My vision was still blurred from all the tears. I could feel the hot blood on my body, soaking through my clothes into John B's.

"No. I killed him. I killed my best friend. He was my everything. It's all my fault." I was hyperventilating, trying to breathe.

"They're going to try. They said they were going to try, his body is weak. He lost a lot of blood."

"He's dead! Didn't you hear? He's gone! It's my fault! I killed him! How can you even look at me?"

"Rachel!" He shook my body, realizing I was probably in shock. I had completely forgotten about my own injuries, but I started feeling the pain in my chest. I just stared into his eyes, seeing the sadness behind them. He was trying really hard to hide it. "They had a faint heartbeat. They're taking him into surgery."

Was I going crazy? Was any of this real? I pinched myself.

"He's breathing?"

John B nodded his head, tears beginning to roll down his face. I felt my heart start to hurt, which caused my breath to hitch.

"Let's go get you help, okay?"

I was still struggling to breathe, feeling blood in my throat. I coughed, blood splattering on to the floor. His eyes widened and he picked me up, running into the hospital. I kept coughing, trying to steady my breathing but I wasn't able to feel an oxygen get into my lungs. I just watched John B, the fear in his face as he was shouting out for help. Tears fell and hit my face from his eyes.

"Stay with me! Rachel, I can't lose you too. Stay awake."

I felt my eyes flutter, fighting to stay awake. My body was laid down and I saw a bunch of flickering lights, feeling a tight squeeze on my hand.

"Please. Stay with me."

-

I was walking down my street, waving at everyone that was walking by. I was wearing a sundress, you would never catch me in a sundress but I was feeling extra fancy today. I kept walking, pulling my sunglasses as I approached the beach. I saw a blanket, all of my favorite foods were placed on it. A few cans of beer were laying besides it and a very nicely rolled j in the middle of all it. I looked out on the water, seeing a blonde haired boy surfing. He had caught a huge wave and was coming towards the surface. I waved to them. They smiled at me and started coming towards me. He wiped his wet hair back and set the board on the sand.

"Lovely seeing you here, cupcake." He grabbed his hat, putting it on backwards over his wet hair.

"Is this for us?" I smiled at him, seeing the large grin appear across his face.

"Of course. It's our 1 year. Happy one year to us." He grabbed me and twirled me around in the air. "I hope there's a swimsuit on under there. I'm teaching you to surf."

I giggled at him as he placed me on the ground, my toes sinking into the warm sand. I pulled his face into mine, letting our noses touch.

"Happy one year, love."

"Can you believe it? Us? Being together for a year?"

"I would've never thought."