Chapter One

Kyle's Pov
It was very hard sight to adjust to, all these loud blaring sounds surrounding me all in one. All I wanted to do was toss my arms over my face and hide the bright lights and the ringing in my ear faintly. It shouldn't have been like this, it's upsetting because why, it should have been quick and dealt with now I had to deal with doctors poking and prodding me with things that medical bill is about to be such a pain in the ass.

"Male late twenties, head wounds, chest wounds a possible broken leg!" Damn that car really did fuck me up- "Dr.Choi! Room Four!" I shut my eyes tightly hissing out now fully aware of the blood rushing and gushing out.

"Alright I need you to open your eyes for me and try and focus on me. Multiple open wounds are in the process, move him on my count, 1, 2, 3 now." I grunted when my body was lifted up finally opening my eyes, God the lights were still so bright in my face focusing on the male's doctors face focusing on me. Well damn he was a looker, would have him be my doctor anyday.

"What's your name yeah?" I finally had free range of my arms shooting one my hands up to hold my arms firmly.

"Its Kyle..." I said shifting my eyes around a little avoiding eye contact.

"Kyle okay, that's good, means your head wounds aren't too serious, can you tell me what happened? Do you have any family I can call right away?" My head felt jumbled but I sadly had to tell the truth as I spoke wincing trying to jerk my leg away from one of nurses sighing quietly.

"I stepped into open traffic trying to kill myself, and I got hit by a car." My doctor, D.R Choi seemed to pause working on my head staring at me with what seemed like a look of judgment, before long his eyes soften a little sigh left him, he was gonna speak again to me his hand placed on my shoulder before a nurse was speaking.

"His blood pressure is rising. Family we need it now."

I took some more deep breaths in fluttering my eyes a few times.

"I have a younger sister. Her name is April she's a nurse I have a brother too, he's trying to become a doctor too." Dr. Choi's face seemed to twist up quite a bit before he was then spinning around fast twisting his body around. "Page April now." I leaned back a bit lifting my hand up to shield my eyes.

"The light is too bright makes me wanna sleep." I grumbled out a few times seeing him crack a slight amused smile my way. A couple minutes in, I heard the most frantic footsteps rushing into the room. I saw her and I instantly started to chuckle nervously.

Oh shit... I'm at Chicago Med... Now she's gonna be even more worried then she needs to be.

"Hi April, you know funny story I came back you know a few days ago, totally didn't tell the family and you know." I laughed a little rubbing slightly at my stubble.

"Kyle what the fuck-" She cussed at me her eyes narrowing at me. So scary she was.

"So I take it." Dr. Choi paused to look from me to her. "This is mine and Noah's older brother Kyle, he was in Mississippi, but apparently he flew back in without telling anyone." I waved her off for a moment focusing back on my very attractive doctor,

"So like am I dying cause." He breathed out a small chuckle shaking his head at me.

"You know the rules April, you can't assist me on this one cause he is family but I will have to talk to you and Dr.Charles soon." She was still scowling at me, but she nodded his way, "I'll be back  down here to check on you." She patted at my good leg leaving me and Doctor Choi with the few nurses.

"You aren't dying, but you have a lot of trauma obviously, we are gonna have to do some x rays to make sure your leg isn't broken, your head is gonna need dressing, and because what you just admitted to me.. You're gonna be here for a while Kyle." A heavy sighed left me quietly taking a moment to stare at the heart monitor for just a small moment.

"I figured that as much, saying too much information some time. But you would have learned anyway from the way my injuries were placed. Its gonna show that I did it intentionally, so better to just tell the truth." He folded his arms staring at me fully.

"I'm a lawyer, so." I chuckled looking down.

"At least I have an attractive doctor to stare at for the time being." The softest chuckle escaped him his eyes dropping down for a moment to face the floor.

"You flatter me, I'll make sure to take good care of you, and make sure you are comfortable Kyle don't worry."