Chapter Two

Kyle's Pov
It felt like well hours when in reality it was a full day in a half of people poking me, fixing at my leg. doing all these expensive ass test. I knew it wouldn't be no problem to pay for, it's just the thought that I was gonna be here longer then needed. I had an amazing view though for the last 24 hours at least. I flutter my eyes open  from the small nap, hearing hush voices speaking in the door way trying to be hush.

"Listen April, I know it's hard to understand but your brother needs help, my help and Doctor Charles, I know it's hard to wrap your head around but he told me loud and clear that he walked into traffic intentionally. Now he is my patient with that information he has to be put on a psych hold for twenty four hours." I could hear April groaning out roughly.

"He isn't crazy Ethan..." My eyes sleepy watched as she was rubbing at the bridge of her nose roughly.

"Being on a psych hold doesn't mean he is crazy, Dr Charles will elevate him, and I will keep watching over him." I watched as she walked away for a moment watching my doctor sigh to himself shifting his eyes around a bit.

"Well at least it's not as bad as I was hoping." His head snapped up for a quick moment a faint smile growing on his face, he entered the room slowly with a chuckle.

"Glad to see you awake Kyle, how are you feeling?" I looked at the IV for a moment feeling more in a playful mood.

"Like I got hit by a car." A short chuckle was followed by Dr. Choi his footsteps hearing me, messing with the IV drip focused like.

"Ha ha very funny Kyle, your BP, and Heart Rate look really stable which is a good sign." He moved from the IV drop adding pressure to my wrapped up leg.

"Do all hospitals have psych doctors just here?" I watched his actions pause for a moment a sigh leaving him quietly.

"So you were awake for all that?" He asked me in a soft tone. I nodded my head a couple times dragging my tongue over my lower lip for a moment.

"It's more like an obvious thought, I tried to kill myself, so I need to talk to someone. But I rather talk to you, I feel more comfortable." Dr. Choi looked conflicted for a moment a heavy sigh leaving him.

"I'm not fully licensed to do so, but I'll listen to you." I watched him pull the chair up to the side of my bed for a moment focused on me fully.

"Well if you are gonna be my practice, maybe knowing your first name would do." He smiled for a moment before he looked down. "Though it's a little unprofessional, My name is Ethan, Ethan Choi." I made a small face with a chuckle.

"You kinda don't look like an Ethan but a lot of people don't look their names, but I like it." He studied me for a moment with another smile.

"Why did you try and kill yourself Kyle? This isn't me talking to you as your doctor, but more of someone concerned... You seem happy with your life, April and Noah seem to really look up to you." I rested my head back on the pillows for a moment gathering my thoughts.

"I'm not surprised they look up to me, I went to college first, I passed one of the hardest tests in the world and became quite a successful lawyer. It makes me happy that both took into the medical field it's amazing actually." I found myself smiling a bit exhaling a bit.

"I went out to Mississippi to get away from all this here, but I realized all I had was here really. Old friends, family so I fell into a small dark slump. Being in a apartment all by yourself never helps." I found myself chuckling weakly opening my eyes back up again still feeling Ethan's eyes on me fully, his hands closed on his knees.

"I just think I didn't wanna be lonely anymore... And I was driven by really dark thoughts." He nodded his head in agreement staring at me.

"I can understand the feeling of loneliness, I mean I have all these friends here but then at the end of the day. I'm the one going home at night by myself, alone with thoughts and PTSD." I stared at him for a minute.

"Military?" He shot me a quick head nod a couple times staring up at me, "And you know sometimes working at a hospital seeing dead bodies isn't that helpful yet, I love helping others." I smiled at him some more dropping my eyes to stare at the blankets.

"I feel the same, being able to defend people who don't have a voice to speak, just getting the truth helps me feel better." He nodded his head listening to me closely.

"You aren't alone anymore Kyle, and you'll get through this, I'll help you along the way, and so will April." I felt small warm around my hand, causing me to feel his hand over my own, he sent me another smile which I returned releasing a breath I didn't even know I was holding.