Chapter Five

Kyle's Pov
The new routine for my life was set in stone. I would get back into doing a few cases here and there. I spent time with  April and Noah once more, and through out the hardships I found myself going on date after date with Ethan. Working through each of the long shifts he had, he usually rolled around to my house at a hard three am, sometimes having a case hit a little too hard for him, the mornings would just be filled with me cuddling him till he could get some sort of sleep.

Didn't need a doctor running on no energy at all doing shifts. It became routine that Ethan stayed over at my condo most days and nights, only on some occasions we were at his place with his adorable pet bird.

I rested my head firmly on the island counter top listening to the sizzling of pans and eggs cracking straight into it over and over speaking out through my sleepiness to Ethan, I think I could get use to the sight of his no shirt back muscles.

"What time do you need to go in today?" My voice was muffled a little finally lifting it up to watch him turn his body to face me a side smile growing on his lips for a second.

"I have the day off today which means you get me all to yourself today handsome." I smiled his way keeping my hand over my cheek watching him shut off the stove for a moment sliding over two plates across the way.

I made room allowing for him to plop down into my lap, securing one arm around his waist to insure he didn't slip off muttering a low thank you to him resting my chin on his shoulder for a moment.

"You know I could get use to you half naked cooking me food." The loudest snort left him watching him taking a moment to peer over his shoulder at me the amusement flashing deep across his eyes.

"As tempting as that may be we would just end up making out the whole entire time and nothing productive would come out of the day and blah blah." My own little snort left my lips rolling my eyes playfully grabbing at his jaw gently.  I leaned in to press a very firm kiss to his lips firmly getting Ethan to grow silent for a moment melting into the kiss a soft laugh leaving him.

"You can't do that.. hey mmm." I chuckled in response his arms loosely moving funeral around my neck urging me just as close to him as I wanted him too. I would say it was gonna take a few short more dates to figure out if we wanted this to be a real time thing. Maybe this time I'll plan the date since he always seemed to be the one doing it.

Our kisses could last for a while so I knew sooner than later I was gonna have to part from the addicting feeling. I was the first to move from the kiss, stroking at his cheeks a couple times with my thumb.

"As much as I love kissing you. I think I'm actually hungry for your food you cook. No take out today you must be spoiling me." He rolled his eyes quickly a short laugh escaping from him watching him stab at the eggs quickly with his fork, handing one over to me which I took grabbing my own piece shoving it into my mouth quickly.

Yeah hundred times better than all that take out we have.

"Yeah yeah, don't get use to me cooking for you all the time. Oh yeah! You promised to tell me about that last case you worked on." I almost choked on my food, clearing my throat, I licked my inner cheek a couple times shaking with small laughter.

"It was actually interesting, hit and run case. Had to gather up a lot of evidence what truly saved me was the video from the gas station, maybe be a lesson that cameras are everywhere." I cleared my throat even more settling more arm more to stay loose around the warm skin of his bare waist.

"Oh yeah totally, there's tons of cameras at Chicago Med. The amounts of times me and any of the nurses and other doctors have gotten attacked has to be in the mere twenty times."  I couldn't help the loud laugh that me.

"You get attacked?! With your muscles that can't be true what do they do tackle you." I shook with more laughter getting a rough slap on my chest causing me to whine loudly.

"What it's true Ethan!" I defended out grabbing his hands to stop him from hitting me both of us ended up laughing in the end, grabbing his hands to press firmly onto my chest, seeing him at ease and happy was enough for me to be fully happy again. It had been a while since it had came so easy.