Chapter Four

Kyle's Pov
A month that's how long I would predict I was there for. Time sort of flew when my main objective was sleeping and as well as eating. When I finally was allowed to leave and discharge I was a little saddened that I wasn't gonna be seeing Ethan whenever I pleased.

Yet that also meant I was gonna see him more outside of work which meant he could let loose more, tell more things. And then that just left April oddly trying to spend as much time as she could with me in my condo.

I use to have a really good relationship with my siblings when they were younger, still time will do what it does best and puts a shift on everything.

"Wow... I knew you made a lot of money this place looks like home." I glanced away the island counter I was cleaning seeing April seemed relaxed, which was a plus meaning she wouldn't try and scold me like she normally did.

"I forget I had bought it a long time ago in case I came back to live here." I cleared my throat roughly setting the little rag off to the side, hearing my phone going off a few times. I turned my attention away from April seeing a message from Ethan. Shit he would be here in a hour.

"Listen April I hate to cut our little hang out a little short but I have a date in a hour. I promise we can all catch up some other day." Her head was quick to whip around staring at me in awe her fist pressed onto her chin.

"Ohh well look at my older brother go, didn't know you were back in the dating scene. I'll call you to check on you if my shifts aren't too bad take care of yourself I mean it!" I waved her off with a quick chuckle nodding moving around to lead her to the door. Now my nervousness could go away.

____________________________
"Alright favorite color?" I shoved a mouthful of the steaming hot rice into my mouth seeing Ethan's amused eyes watching me from sitting criss cross next to me, both of us just letting a mellow movie play in the background enjoying our take out.

"Blue of course it's such a color that is versatile add white make it lighter add some grey and black  it becomes darker." He hummed his mouth full even more lightly biting at his as chopsticks.

"Okay, okay very fair point I like it." I turned my attention to him again, it looked like he wanted to say more so far I knew more about Ethan then I did a month ago. I learned about him being in the army. He even shared a little light on his ptsd which I saw him in a whole new light I respected him on such a new level.

"You look like you have more you wanna tell me you can tell me." I set the little box down turning my whole body to face Ethan seeing him cracking a smile at me.

"Its just... You know I'm realizing that if we are gonna be getting closer eventually going on more dates then you should probably know a few things you know? I am Bi so that's not the worry." A light forced chuckle left me.

"I haven't questioned your sexuality so that's not what's bugging me. So what's bugging you yeah? Spill it to me." He exhaled once more setting his box down as well, leaning his palm on his cheek gazing at me head tilted back on the couch some more.

"I was with April for a while... And even engaged we planned on having children but then... Yeah she broke my heart by cheating so... If we ever take this further you need to know this." My eyes widen a little in surprise at this new information I didn't even know about this.

"Well that really is some new information I didn't know... In fact I'm really shocked April could do something so insensitive... So if we are gonna keep doing this I'll make sure not to let that effect it in any way." I mumbled watching a flash of relief go across his features.

"I'm glad to hear that I am." He whispered softly slowly moving to lay his head on my shoulder. I was hesitant at first before I wrapped my arms around his broad shoulders urging him closer resting my head on top of his.