04. Spark

"Communication. Communication, Jeno. That's what you two need."

The younger sighed, keeping away his lab coat and finally sitting down after a full day of work.

Why did he even think of becoming a surgeon?

"I tried my best. She's not willing to talk I guess. Besides, she came back only two days ago. Shouldn't I give her some time to adjust again?"

"That doesn't mean you two can't talk it out."

"I don't know, hyung. What we have is.... complicated."

Taeyong bit back a small curse and hit the boy on the head.

"Aw! What was that for?"

"Five years have passed and you two are still stuck at that 'complicated' phase? You love her and she loves you back. What's so complicated about that?"

"Well, easy for you to say. I'm the one who is going through it."

"Listen," Taeyong said in a knowing tone, pointing his pen at the younger. "If Jung Jaehyun can change so can you guys. Put some effort in your relationship."

Jeno furrowed his eyebrows. "What kinda logic is that?"

Taeyong laughed. "Trust me, you guys will be fine."

"You sure?"

The older Lee nodded, giving him a reassuring smile.

"Talk. That's the only way. And give her some flowers or take her out on a fancy date."

Jeno rolled his eyes. "Look who is getting spoiled by his husband. Going on 'fancy dates' even after having kids...."

"What can I say? I'm lucky that way." The other stated, flipping his short black hair like one of those sassy girls.

Jeno shook his head to the sides, not forgetting to scoff at the older.

Of course Taeyong was lucky to have the one and only Jung Jaehyun all for himself. But Jeno wasn't Taeyong, nor he was someone's Jaehyun.

He was simply Jeno, a man who had no idea on how to understand his wife.

He thought they were fine.

They were supposed to be fine.

In fact they were fine before Meisoo went back to China. Now Jeno couldn't help but notice how different she was acting. As if something happened back in China that Jeno did not know of.

Doesn't matter. I love her and that's it.

His mind wondered around.

Do I really?

Shaking his head at the unwanted thoughts, he was determined to talk with her after getting home.

It's gonna be fine. We are gonna be fine. Its just a small argument, nothing more. I'm overreacting.