51. Lines

//TW// Please do not take anything in this chapter seriously. Everything I'm writing is only for the plot.

"Can we not tell anyone about this?"

Jeno looked up from his phone. "Do you- I mean, are you embarrassed about yourself?"

"Never." Meisoo said in a whisper. "I'm proud of myself for continuing. I'm gald I chose this. I'm glad I have you."

Jeno broke into his signature smile, feeling nothing inside his heart. "That's the spirit. You're brave enough to carry on. You should be more than proud of yourself."

"What about you?" She didn't look up, fidgeting with her fingers on the hospital bed.

"What about me?"

"It's going to be difficult for you-"

"Mei." Jeno placed a hand on top of her nervous hands. "We talked about this. I said what I said. I'm not turning back from whatever this is. That's a promise."

She still kept staring down. "I'm ruining your life."

"You're giving me a new goal and beautiful hopes for our future." Jeno reassured, honest to his heart. "This baby is going to change our life."

"But-"

"We agreed to drop the topic, remember?"

"That doesn't change the truth."

"The truth is that we are going to be parents." Jeno said gently, but also strictly. "This is our child, Mei."

Few seconds passed. None of them spoke. Jeno didn't let go of Mei's hands. Times like those he wished he could love her a little differently. Times like those he wanted to love her so bad.

But he couldn't.

His hatred towards Jaemin was bigger than his love for anyone and he wasn't even sure if that was hatred or not.

"I feel like it's gonna be a girl." Meisoo said out of nowhere.

Jeno was surprised. "You feel it? Isn't it too soon to make a guess?"

"Hm." she nodded. " But I'm sure it's gonna be a girl."

Jeno smiled, squeezing her hand. "Then we are going to treat her like a princess."

Meisoo looked up, her face happier than he could remember. She was smiling, even though there were tears in her eyes.

"I know that you have no relation to any of this. But Jeno," her voice broke a little. "You're gonna be an amazing father."

That sounded good.

Being a father sounded fantastic. Honestly he was excited. He knew Mei was too.

"Then, can you promise me one last thing?" She asked, finally being able to lock her eyes with Jeno's.

"What?"

"Please don't let anyone know." she pleaded, trying to keep that happy look. "I don't want this baby to feel like an outsider. She shouldn't know. No one should know. The only way to make that happen is to keep this to ourselves."

Jeno pressed his lips into a line. "So, a secret?"

"Yeah, a secret."

"Mark and Donghyuck already know."