54. Mine

It turned out Jaemin's last brain cell was correct.

The necklace lead him to the exact same place he thought it would be. Bless his brain for gifting that to Jaerin beforehand.

The poin is, Jaemin was stupid. But not always.

It was the exact farm house he had found out earlier thanks to Min. From the moment he saw the teenager lurking around that unfamiliar street and the encounter with Kwon Jihoon, he had done a little background check.

Though he did not find much information, he was able to track down few places that were really suspicious. The farm house was one of those. Along with that Sungchan had found out few leads on the businesses Kwon Jihoon was involved with. All nowhere closer to being legal. Kown Jihoon was no ordinary man.

The name itself made him so fucking embarrassed about himself. The answer has always been there. How did he miss that? He was supposed to be good at his job.

And the fact that KJH was Jaerin's biological father didn't make any sense to him.

That was weird.

Entering the place wasn't hard at all.

Jaemin knew how to fight just the way he knew how to breathe. The only negative point was that his body was not in any shape to go into war. Not like that. Not when he felt so fucking exhausted to even stand.

But anything for Jaerin.

Anything for Jeno.

All for them.

Sneaking in was done. He prayed the guards would stay unconscious for the rest of their lives. He did what he had to do.

The next part was even more easier because as soon as he was in, he saw a little girl and a boy walking further inside, hand in hand.

Jaemin stopped for a second, blinking twice.

That was definitely Jaerin. The other boy could be anyone, he didn't try to guess.

What the— it's this easy?

Without making a sound, he quickly approached the two behind their backs. Then he put his hands around their mouths, ignoring Jaerin's startled silent yell. He pulled them back and guided themselves to a considerably safer spot.

As soon as they were out of anyone's eyes, he let go while crouching down to match their height. By then he realised that the little boy was Hwasung; Jaerin's friend. The two kids turned at him, scared. But that didn't last long as Jaerin widened her eyes with a surprised smile.

His sweet little angel.

"Papa!"

"Shh!" Jaemin put his index finger over his lips, biting back a smile.

"Papa." she repeated in a whisper. "What are you doing here? Daddy said you—"

"Is your daddy here?" Jaemin cut in. "No– are you okay, cupcake? Are you hurt anywhere?"

She shook her head violently. The smile never let go of her face. She looked a little messy, clothes crumpled, hair all over the place and eyes a bit red.

Jaemin smiled with all his might, reaching out a hand to touch her face. He caressed her cheek and tuck few black locks behind her ear.

"I'm sorry, Jaerin." He said. "Papa is so sorry."

"But you didn't do anything, papa." she said, confused.

Jaemin pressed his lips into a thin line, putting a mental note to stop that conversation right there. Jaerin wouldn't understand the situation that easily.