49. Gifts

"Do you want to do something new?"

Something new.

Jeno was honestly having a hard time processing every word Jaemin said, debating whether those were drunk words or what he really wanted to do.

"You said I'm drunk." Jaemin said with a goofy smile, eyes half closed. "So this is your chance."

Jeno blinked faster, again interpreting that in many ways, quietly adding it to his 'questionable things Jaemin said' file saved in his head.

What chance?

He sure hoped it wasn't what he actually thought it was.

Shaking his head, he moved and gently took Jaemin's hand. Then urged the younger to come with him. He just needed to get Jaemin under the shower.

"Whatever you want to do, we can do that after you get sober." He agreed. "Now do as I say."

"No." Jaemin pouted, refusing to move. "See, I don't want to get sober. That sounds so boring.... I'm boring when I'm cool in the head..."

"That's not true." Jeno talked to him like soothing a child to sleep. "You're the least boring person I know. So let's get you--"

"If I was sober, I wouldn't agree to this." Jaemin cut in, licking his lips as if to absorb the taste of alcohol and get more wasted. "So this is your chance. You-- Lee Jeno-- my boyfriend or whatever that is-- can... uh... what were we talking about again?"

He had his eyes squinted, waiting for Jeno to help him out.

Taking the sudden opportunity, Jeno pulled him closer and flashed a big smile.

"We were on our way to my room." He lied. "All you have to do is take a shower and sleep."

"Was that it?" Jaemin asked, fumbling with the words. "Did I... did we... uh, wait, no, that was not..."

Jeno almost gave in. He almost brushed a hand through Jaemin's hair and kissed his glossy lips. He almost put his hands around Jaemin's waist. He almost pulled Jaemin more closer to him. He almost lost his mind.

Because Jaemin looked so amusing like that. The parted lips, lazy eyes, redded cheeks, cold hand, the clueless looks and all those little details made him look weirdly beautiful.

Then again, Jaemin was always beautiful no matter what.

"Right!" taking him back to sanity, Jaemin exclaimed loudly. "I remember!"

He laughed and Jeno opened his mouth to say something. But Jaemin swiftly threw himself on Jeno, leaving him no other choice except to catch him before both of them could fall.

Jaemin locked his hands around Jeno's neck and stared at Jeno's eyes with so much adoration. So needy. So desperate. So in love.

Jeno tried to push him away but the pink head had other plans. Jaemin put his head to the side and ran his tongue over Jeno's jaw line, placing a kiss right under Jeno's ear.

"Distract me." He whispered. "Make me... make me forget about what... what-- Renjun...."

Even with the few missing words, Jeno understood.

But he was clearly not fine with the method of distraction.

"Jaemin," he called, hands on the sides of Jaemin's waist and his face turned up to avoid getting kissed. But Jaemin clinged to him like a koala, kissing a spot on his neck. "Jae-- stop that..."