007

The weather is starting to get chilly and Areum can see the way the leaves sway with the wind. Yoongi told her to wear something that's not intimidating, something rather casual so here she is with a white, silk blouse and a pair of jeans. He is seated beside her wearing a plain navy blue button-down top that accentuates his porcelain skin and she can't help but stare at him.

The car ride is silent and Yoongi still hasn't told her where they're headed to. He just gave her a vague 'somewhere you might like' when she asked him before they left and as much as she's hesitant to approach him, the unfamiliar road is messing with her curiosity. From how the place looks, it seems like they're quite far from the city.

"You're not planning to get rid of me in a foreign place, aren't you?"

"Didn't expect to be caught like this." He deadpans

She's about to reply but the car comes to a complete stop and she notices that they're in a different village. The houses are simple and there are children running around the streets, playing, suddenly stopping upon seeing their arrival. Their expressions fill with more excitement and energy as they run in their direction.

"Do me a favor and act like we're a happy couple, please." The prince whispers to her ear before stepping outside. He waits by the door, standing as he holds his hand out to her which she takes and it makes the people around them gasp in awe.

Yoongi moved his hand to the small of her back when a middle aged man approached them to shake their hand. "This is Minki, the head of this village. He's the one in contact with the palace."

"Pleased to meet you." Areum greets him with a smile and the head of the village returns the gesture before he turns to the young prince.

"It's been a while, your highness. We're glad to see you with the princess this time." He is rather too friendly than usual and she thinks he's really someone close to the royals. The man proceeds to lead them into the village headquarters and the first thing that catches her eye when they enter are the pictures hanging on the wall. Most of them are with the two princes, some are with the queen and there were many candid photos of Yoongi playing with the children, talking to the people, making it almost seem like he's part of this place.

"This is a refuge village for the civilians displaced by the war. We took them out of the danger zone and gave them another chance to live a secure life." Yoongi finally explains and all of a sudden Areum is plagued by insecurity, making her clutch his hand a bit tighter because it feels as if it's a place where she shouldn't be in.

She leans a bit closer to the prince, seeking some kind of comfort, and as much as she is repulsed by the idea, she has no choice because he's the only one here apart from the palace guards. "Do you think they'd hate me? I mean, I'd totally understand, considering I was from the country that made them suffer." She asks in a hushed voice.

"I don't think so but I don't worry too much because I won't let that happen." He gives her a reassuring smile and squeezes at her hands lightly. "I came here almost every month back then and I've gotten pretty close to them. They're genuinely nice people."

Lunch was served and the dining table got filled with pleasantries, catching up and the head of the village even asked her about her first impressions of Vhrea. It's pleasant and so far, there aren't any ill comments or backhanded remarks which makes Areum feel welcomed. It made her loosen up a bit.

"I'll show you around the place." Yoongi tells her when they stand up to leave the headquarters and Areum just follows him, walking with fingers interlaced as he gives her a mini tour of the village. She feels deeply touched when the people greet them with a respectful bow and a smile whenever they pass by them and she doesn't know why she was expecting for things to go downhill, for someone to give a side eye or call her names. It's actually a relief that none of those happened.