004

Areum had met Yoongi quite a few times for important engagements or official gatherings and boy, was it hell. Insults and sarcastic remarks were always thrown left and right once the two of them were left alone, minds clouded with prejudice from their long opposing families.

Frankly speaking, she doesn't care. She doesn't have any interest in fixing the fact that they can't stand each other's presence. She knew that this was not a good sign because she is about to marry the person who is next in line to the throne and it will only take a few blows for the monarchy to fall apart if they carry on with this relationship. But then it was never her desire to be married to Yoongi. It was theirs so she doesn't feel responsible at all if ever things go downhill. It will be always theirs and a part of her wants to prove that this will only make things worse, that this won't solve any disputes that they have.

Without much of a choice, Areum finds herself helplessly seated in front of a dresser, eyes closed as her lids are painted with a darker tone of bronze. Her cheeks are then dusted with a faint pink blush matched with a rosy pink lip. Hairdressers flutter around her as they start to set her hair up, not bothering to mind the soft knock on the door seeing that someone else in the room already attended to it. The princess is curious though so she turns her head towards the direction of the entrance and sees a royal servant of Vhrea, judging by her outfit.

She returns her gaze to the mirror in front of her, exhaling breathily as she poorly attempts to calm her nerves. It's a pity she feels numb on what's supposed to be an incredibly special and solemn day. She wishes she could feel a tiny hint of curiosity or even a spark of excitement but she feels absolutely nothing, void of any emotion except for the nagging nervousness that wraps around her entire being.

Areum's thoughts are interrupted when a handmaid walks up to her, holding a small white box. "It is from the crown prince of Vhrea, your highness."

The princess nods at this and her handmaid leaves immediately when she accepts the box. It has a leathery feel with a tiger on its crest, Vhrea's royal family seal, and when she opens it, a handwritten note catches her eyes.

I thought it would be nice to give you a gift on our wedding day. I hope you appreciate it and don't be too hard on yourself, princess.

-Yoongi

A delicate floral tiara along with a pair of earrings sit on a soft velvet cushion. The thin strands of rose gold entangle with each other forming a flower with diamonds as its petals and a blue sapphire as its bud that sparkle when striked by the rays of light. It is absolutely more dazzling when she examines it in her hands and she notices that the design resembles Meri's style, even the intricate parts of it, which is surprising. She won't deny that she is quite touched by this gift, not expecting that Yoongi has a kind spot despite his obnoxious persona.

"Is it alright if I wear this?" She asks the stylists behind her, worried that adding the jewelry might not fit the idea that they have for her hair.

"Of course, your highness." The other replies and immediately starts to unweave the flowers on her hair as it would appear over styled to which the princess utters a quick apology for the added work.

Everyone is trying to do the final touches as quick as possible since they are pressured by time. Areum stands in front of a full body mirror, staring at her own reflection. Her hair is tied into a braided low bun and pinned underneath her tiara is a veil that falls a few inches below her shoulder. The pristine white gown is embroidered with butterflies at its ends until the trail, with lace sleeves that reach up to her wrists.