005

The celebration in the palace was lavish as planned and it somehow made Areum and Yoongi more relaxed because it was rather a private party with their families and friends unlike the ceremony that had thousands of eyes on them. It is still strange to see people from two opposing countries have a good time together. Those that were once up against each other's necks are now chatting, laughing, trying to get to know each other and no one really knows if it is a sincere gesture or merely a show. Nobody seems to care and the princess even found herself enjoying the party as well. She finds herself smiling and in awe with the children that ask her random questions.

The atmosphere in Vhrea is calm and the people are somewhat relieved that they are now heading to a fresh start but Areum's comfortable bubble bursts when the event comes to an end. The guests are leaving, congratulating the newly wed couple again before they bid goodbye.

The royal family of Meri are the last to leave of course, giving her one last tight hug, best wishes and the dreaded 'take care of each other and take care of the peace that you built together'. It makes her want to roll her eyes at this because when will her family stop acting as if she willingly wanted this. Yoongi is so good with his words though, she notices, because he surely did assure her family that she'll be well taken care of in this country and she doesn't know if it was all talk or he really meant it.

Now the two of them are escorted to head to their shared bedroom and the pounding in her chest returns when the servant leaves. The first thing she notices are the cream colored walls lined with gold and accentuated by the chandelier on the middle of the ceiling. The bed is covered with red velvet sheets and adjacent to it is a long couch and a table. They stand in the middle of the large room, heavy and uncomfortable silence lingering in the air, not knowing what to say, not knowing where to start because how are they even going to get over this first wedding night?

Areum is too caught up with her nerves to notice that Yoongi is looking at her worriedly.

"You look like you're going to pass out, loosen up a bit." He says as he moves closer but she flinches away. He gives her a puzzled look, brows furrowed.

"Sorry I... I've never..." She can feel the heat rise up to her cheeks as she makes her voice as small as possible, couldn't even finish the sentence. What is she even supposed to say?

I've never been this close to a man except for Jungkook, Jimin and my brother and I never shared a room with someone else so this is freaking me out.

I've never done anything else, no other experience aside from kissing so please...

Her cheeks flush even more at her thoughts. God, this is so mortifying. Why does this have to happen in front of the last person on earth she wants to be with?

It didn't take long before his expression changed, finally understanding why she's acting this way. "Areum," He tries again but her eyes remain glued to the floor, still avoiding any sort of eye contact.

"I just want to show you something. It's alright if you want to stay there, though." He continues as he makes his way towards the curtains to move it to the side, trying to show her the door to the balcony.