05

-
-
-
-

"I'll take my leave," I blankly said. Before walking away, Rose's glare on me never faltered. I can see that she wants to skin me alive. Naniwala agad siya sa manlolokong 'to? "Rose, I'll have my way to personally talk to you. I hold the truth. I'm hoping that you'll listen to me."

"But she never did," I pushed my tongue on the inside of my cheek. "She never gave me a chance to talk. She believed that guy. She hated me a lot because of that. And I never found a way to resolve the conflict because we moved here in Italy. The last time I saw her was when she slapped me. Hard. Draco totally brainwashed my bestfriend and she kept on blaming me. Her hand left a mark on my cheek and that is this little scar here." Tinuro ko ang markang iyon.

"I worked hard for my self. At the age of 24, Dad already passed to me his company and I was able to manage it well. Everything was well. Until I have to go back to the land of pain because my Dad and Rose's Dad are business partners at this huge mall. There I saw Rose again. She was the one handling the mall and it's going down so I had to help her."

I laughed at that memory. Rose was so stunned when we met again. I believe she didn't expect me there. But despite that, she's still beautiful.

"I really thought she would come and slap me again, just like our last encounter, knowing how angry she was. But no, it didn't happened. She was totally surprised that she even punch me on my arm to confirm that I was real before embracing me tightly. Her smile was beyond satisfying. She was happy because she haven't seen me for a long time and now I suddenly showed up to her," I chuckled silently. I glanced at my therapist and he was listening to every single thing I blabbered.

"Where's Rose?" I asked one of the employees when I reached the top floor of the mall where their office is located. The newbie looking boy nodded and asked me to follow him towards this wooden double doors.

I want to scold him for not knocking and just opened the door. He should be taught to renew this disrespectful action.

I thought it was her office but there were a couple more heads in the room surrounding the rectangle table. There was no Rose inside. I eyed the boy sternly.

"I asked for Ro—"

"D-daniel?"

My feet rooted on the ground upon hearing the voice my ears were longing to grasp. I slowly turned to my back. There she is. Rose Buenafente. The woman I've long to love but I can't have. She was holding a cup of coffee and her handbag on the other. Another woman is behind her, I think her secretary. 

"Rose," I called, my voice deep. 

I tried scanning her face for any emotions similar to anger but see none. All I can decipher is a hint of happiness and surprise. What she did next made me choke on my saliva. It was an unexpected move from her knowing our last encounter where outrage was all over the place. That slap, I still can't forget how that hard slap sting my cheek. 

"Andito ka na talaga? Oh my gosh! I thought you won't ever come back her again after what happened!" she screeched behind me. She suddenly ran to me for a hug.

I don't know why it felt awkward. When I looked up, almost all employees on this floor have their eyes on us. Oh that's why. 

"Wow laki na ng pinagbago mo ah! Wah! Totoo ka talaga!" She even punched my arm.

It was awkward. I felt awkward. But beyond that, my heart is beating faster at the sight of her infront of me. Finally we've seen each other again.

****