mom

Zuko watched as Tom-Tom played near him with a puzzle.

"Zuko, look! Almost finished!" the 5year old smiled at him, showing his work.
"thats amazing, Tom" he ruffled his hair...they felt Mais footsteps approach, Zuko instantly got up, she had her head lowered...her mouth shut, he hugged her.

"its going to be okay" whispered just as loud as she needed to hear
"you know I hate it when you lie to me" said her...her voice cold, it was never this comd since she was 15.

"Mai! Look!" her little brother forced a smile on her face, she looked at him...then kneeled at his height.
"Tom"
"yeah?"
"this is grown up stuff...isnt it?" the boy looked down
Mai sighed "you have to understand that we may not see eachother anymore after this"
the boy gulped, she hugged him tightly...like she never did, a tear escaped her eye...Tom-Tom sniffed with his nose.
"just know I love you so much, even if Im not there"
"mhh me too..." he mumbled in her shoulder
"I know..." she cleaned her throat and got up
She looked at Zuko, who had a tear slipping down his cheek as well,
"ugh If I start crying from now..." muttered her wiping her tear away, with that she opened the door in front of her.

"mother"
the other woman didn't respond,
"Im here to talk, so dont make things harder than they already are"
"I have nothing to say"
"I do"
"you shouldnt"
Mai sighed...her mother always had the right answer...she would always have to say something to be against her daughter, but this time Mai wasnt going to fall for that negativity.
she sat in front of her on the table
"Im here to talk about...our situation"
"theres nothing to say about it"
"mom, since dad got arrested we fell apart...not that before that we were united, I want a family...and It would be amazing if you would collaborate with me to-"
"we dont need your help, were fine"
"its not about help! Im asking you to help me!"
"you have everything! YOURE NEVER HAPPY ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE!"
"I WANT A MOM THAT LOVES ME"

"you and your brother always had everything you wished! IM DONE TRYING TO MAKE YOU HAPPY"

Mais heart ached, hearing her mother screaming to her these thing, but she tried to stay strong.

"mom, thats not the point...I wanted to ask you if we could...have a normal relationship, Tom is upset about this situation and I am too"
"what do you know"
"I raised him! Im more his mom than you will ever be!" Mai stopped, realising what she said and lowered her head
"WELL IT SHOWS...HE ALWAYS SPEAKS OUT OF TURN AND MUBLES EVERY SECOND"
"HES FIVE-" she didnt want to raise her voice
"Im sorry, what Im trying to say is: Tom when is with me and Zuko always asks why we dont go here at home anymore...hes just five and it would be great if he growed up in a healthy environment"
"he is"
"hes not, he changes from his sisters house and his mothers house like a switch"
"I dont see it that way"
Mai chuckled in a tired way "of course! you never see anything like me! I thought you would be caring AT LEAST FOR YOUR OWN SON BUT I WAS WRONG"
"I dont understand the meaning of this"
"WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS, YOU MAKE ME FURIOUS AND YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHY AND WHEN I TELL YOU...YOU DONT CARE! LIKE NOW!"
"STOP SCREAMING" screamed she
The 20 year old stopped talking istantly,

Zuko winced hearing screams in the room, Tom-Tom looked at him

"what is happening?"

Zuko shrugged..."uuh your mom and your sister are talking about stuff, itll be over soon"

Tom looked down "mom and Mai dont love eachother is that it? thats why you can never visit"

Zuko looked down, but placed a hand on the kid shoulder...

in the room

"contain yourself, youre not a child anymore"

"Mom...im not here just to talk, I came here to tell you something"