fear

The Fire Nation was a scary place, even for its residents...but if something was scarier than the nation itself, it was the Royal Palace.
The building was enormous and even though Mai lived very close to it...it made her shake.
She didn't really know why at the time, when youre 12 you have other things to worry about: like trying to not lit up while playing with your best friend and...trying to not blush too much when her brother walks by.
Mai has never been the person to smile when somebody saw her, neither the person to say that someone was pretty...but something about the royal prince drew her in, making her knees weak...was that what love felt like? was it going to be like this forever? She really hoped it wasnt, because for that feeling when they told her that he had been banished she felt probably the worst feeling in the entire world, a feeling that she couldnt describe.

"what!? what happened?" she anxiously asked her friend, Azula

"I told you! nothing THAT important, he got hurt and dad got mad"

"w-what do you mean?"

"come on Mai, dont be dramatic, it doesnt matter"

"BUT IT DOES!" she screamed...louder than she wanted it to be, Azulas eyes widened and a little smirk appeared on her lips as the scream echoed in the palaces corridors.

Mai looked down, her eyes were full of fear, a fear she had never experienced before.

"what?" said the princess, she sounded annoyed but somehow amused by Mais bad temper

"nothing, youre right, it doesnt really matter"
she muttered, pushing back the tears.

"mh yeah, I thought so...the fact is: my dumb brothers not gonna be around for a while, were finally gonna be able to play without him interrupting us with his stupid blabbering"

"I mean, you dont care...right?"

"not at all" she squealed, still looking down

"calm down or youre gonna faint, its not like you fear me or something" Azula smirked

Mai lifted up her head and looked in her gold eyes "what? that's ridiculous...but after all I fear you more than I loved Zuko"

A/N: this is just a short chapter but idk wanted to update :)
vote, comment and lmk what u think!