change

Zuko finally sat down at the table with his friends, where all the group was laughing and chatting together, he couldnt help but smile.

No matter where they were, their group would always find a moment to catch up and talk to eachother...like when they were kids and that made him feel relieved.

Because no matter how much things changed, he would always have a place to come back to, He had to admit he was afraid of change, cause he liked things how they were, why did they have to change?

As soon as he made his way near to his friends, Mai placed a hand around his waist, pulling him closer.

He was really surprised by her action, but he somehow enjoyed it...a warm sensation spread all over his body and his muscles relaxed after the long meeting he had.

It was nice...a almost nonexistent smile spread across his face as Mai seemed totally invested in a conversation with Aang.

"uh hi Zuko!" Aang smiled at him

"hi bud-" Zukos eyes traveled from Aangs happy face to his shoulder where rested...Katara with her eyes shut close, even slightly snoring...not that it bothered anyone, they were all family.

Aang noticed Zuko staring at his wifes position and spoke

"she had a rough day, trouble sleeping" he simply said...even if he sounded somehow weirldy nervous, the airbender fastly shook it off and slightly kissed her head, Katara smiled in her sleep at the loving gesture.

Sokka gave a worried look at his sister

"you sure shes okay? Ive never saw Katara pass out like this" he gently rubbed his sisters arm in a protective way

"Sokka, I told you, shes tired...its okay let her rest" Aang assured him, Sokka sighed

"yeah but its weird, its like -what?- an hour shes sleeping?" Mai wondered

Zuko looked at his fianceè and shrugged, he didnt know what was happening but didnt want to worry too much, it was probably nothing-

At that point, Toph let out the chuckle shes been holding for way too long, everyone turned to her as she bursted out in laugh.

"what?" Zuko asked, confused by her attitude, Mais lips curved in a weird expression as Sokka stared at the earthbender with wide eyes.

"what is it?" asked he

Toph placed both of her feet on the table and forced herself to stop laughing.

"If only you knew" she said, a knowing expression on her features

she sighed and then continued "when are you planning on telling them, Twinkle Toes?" she smiled, all turned to Aang...who had been looking away the whole time.

"oh and congratulations by the way" finished the earthbender

Sokka spoke "congratulations for what?"

"what are you keeping from us?" asked Zuko, more curious and worried than ever

Mai closely listened, curios as well.

At all that questions Aangs eyes widened and he looked away, trying to avoid the conversation

Kataras eyes begin to open as if she sensed Aangs muscles tense, she yawned and looked at her friends

"whats happening?" she asked...seeing everyone gazes on her

"whats your secret?" Sokka spit out

Kataras eyes widened, "you didnt told them, didnt you?" she whispered to her husband, Aang shook his head

"tell us what?" asked Mai, now confused

Katara and Aang shared a knowing glance as he squizzed her hand tight

"we have some announcements to make..." said Katara, her voice sounded like she was trying to sound confident while terribly failing at it.

"were pregnant" Aang finally spoke

then...A LOT of things happened

Toph grinned, proud of herself for feeling the heartbeat in the first place, Mais eyes widened as Sokka had his mouth open like if he was trying to say something but couldnt get the words out.

Aangs face broke in a smile as Zuko looked down...trying to process what they just said

pregnant? it couldnt possibly be true...some of them were already parents, that was going to change everything...change.

"...congratulations" he muttered, Mai squeezed his hand as if she knew what he was thinking.

"Sokka...?" Katara was calling her brother that didnt spoke since the news came out

"uh...what?" he blinked a few times

"you heard us, right?" a smile on Kataras face "youre going to be an uncle! can you believe it?!"

Sokkas eyes widened again at the word "uncle"

"um Sokka?"
"uncle..." breathed then his face lit up and he suddenly hugged his sister.

the whole afternoon had been pure chaos, and it turned out that Katara couldnt sleep because she was being nauseous at night, everyone eventually got home and now Zuko was getting in bed with his partner.

Mai untangled her hair and carefully made her way next to him, embracing him softly as she slightly kissed his neck, Zuko melted in her touch.

"Whats up with you today?" he asked, seeing that she was more affectionate than usual.

""mmh...nothing, seeing Aang and Katara hugging eachother all evening made me want to hug you I guess, you dont like it?"

"I love it" he whispered, placing a gentle hand around her waist, she weakly smiled and placed her face in the crook of his neck, smelling the scent of his hair.

"Kataras pregnant..." he whispered

"mhmm..." she hummed in response

"its weird" he said

"its new, Zuko...it was only a matter of time before Aang and Katara started a family, im truly happy for them, they seem exastic"

Zuko sighed "when will be our time to start a family?" he choked out

Mais eyes widened, she hid her face more in his hair

"Zuko...I dont know" she truthfully said "do you think were ready?"

Zuko sighed..."i dont know..."

"because..." she stopped, trying to find the right words

"a child is...a lot" she finally spit out

"can you imagine that?" he whispered just as loud as she needed to hear

Mais eyes widened once again "maybe"

"a little you running through the palace" he grinned at the thought

"thats weird"

"thats cute, and I feel youre smiling" she, indeed, was weakly smiling in his neck

"we'll think about it" she grinned as well, then her smile faded and she looked down, not that for Mai wasnt normal, but he knew that something was wrong

"hey...whats wrong" he whispered, she kissed his neck once again

"its that...Zuko, not all pregnacies go well you know"

Zuko eyes widened, what she was trying to say?

"Im talking about miscarriages, my mom had three of them before having Tom-Tom" she whispered "its awful and im afraid that she passed it to me, its genetic"

Zuko tightened his grip on her, trying to find something to say, but decided to just hug her more and kiss her forehead.

"were going to work this out together" he whispered

she nodded and they fell asleep in eachothers arms.