A family new

AN- This chapter has also been updated to make it better! I hope you like it!

"Potter," Draco said as he tried to hide his emotions. But it was in vain as his face was covered with tears and his eyes were red. Silently, Harry invited himself to sit next to Draco. Harry looked into the lake too. Harry sighed as he tried to think of the words to say. Harry seemed sad too, as if he truly cared. Draco couldn't help but feel his heart flutter. He just wished he didn't feel like this, he just wished he didn't care.

"I know. You're not like your father. I heard what you said yesterday. I can't stop thinking about it." Harry started. He looked at Draco, meeting his eyes.

"Yeah, well...it doesn't matter now." Draco said looking into the lake again. Draco heard Harry sigh. It was hopeless. Why was Harry even talking to him? To torment him? To rub Draco's misfortune in his face? Draco wouldn't be surprised. He was the Boy-who-lived after all and Draco would never be good enough for the chosen one.

"Why does this have to happen to you? I wish you would realise how special you are." Harry said to Draco suddenly. Surprised, Draco stared at Harry. He was obviously confused. Draco wondered if he should be angry because of what Harry was saying. Maybe he was joking, not that it was funny. "I can't remember the last time I saw you happy. Actually, I haven't for ages."

"So Malf-Draco. I just wanted to say that, your whole life's ahead of you, so make the most of it. Seize every opportunity you have and use it to the best of your ability. Only then will you achieve what you want with your life." Harry got up and smiled sadly at him.

"Thanks, Potter, um, Harry," Draco said in a small voice. Harry smiled and began to walk away from him, yelling his farewell over his shoulder. Draco sat there. Just thinking, feeling so helpless and confused. Why had Harry said that to him? Hours and hours past, then he heard someone come from behind. He spun around quickly.

"Draco, it's dinner time... you haven't eaten anything all day!" Harry called to Draco with a worried look on his face. In mock annoyance Draco rolled his eyes as Harry approached him and let out all of his sass.

"Alright, Mum," Draco said, then regretted it. He would never see his Mother again. She hated Draco now. She disowned Draco. Because he wouldn't do what she wanted him to do. Because he wasn't good enough for her. Because he wouldn't support the death of muggles.

"Draco? Are you alright?" Harry asked in concern. He walked over to Draco and pulled him up. Draco choked slightly on his tears.

"I have no one. The Slytherins hate me, my Mother hates me," Draco let out in a higher voice than usual. Harry put his mouth to Draco's ear and Draco went still in complete shock at how close his crush was to him.

"You have me..." Harry whispered into his ear before moving so their faces were inches apart, then he leant in and kissed Draco. Time seemed to go slowly. Draco paused in complete dumbfoundment. Harry Potter - the boy from his dreams - was kissing him. Draco kissed back after he got over the initial shock but still felt like he didn't deserve this.

"I promise." Harry finished when they stopped kissing. Draco looked into Harry's green eyes. He felt his heart race more than ever before and found that he would rather than his birth family anyway. Draco cried, hugging Harry. Harry pulled away after what felt like ages and looked into Draco's blue, tear-filled eyes. Draco let some of them fall down his cheeks and Harry smiled sadly and whipped them away with his thumb. "What's wrong?"

"What for?" Harry asked and he looked into Draco's eyes which were like water burning. Draco looked back, still confused about what was going on. Surely he was dreaming? That was the only other time Draco had ever been with Harry.

"Why me?" Draco said and Harry kissed him again. Draco felt, for the first time in what seemed like his entire life, happy. And when the kiss finally broke, the feeling of happiness didn't go away. Harry began to speak and what he said next made him feel something else he hadn't felt for so long. Hope.

"Because you are perfect." Harry said, his eyes holding truth. Draco smiled and so did Harry before he grabbed his hand and started to pull him towards the great hall. They went their separate ways when they arrived at the great hall. Draco felt conflicted by two big emotions. Sadness or happiness?