Chapter 7:Investigation

KAORI

We went out of the park and head to the common hall, Bishu went to the vending machine and bought a cola.

"This will probably prove my suspicion on what I noticed at the bathroom" he said then pointed the cola in his hands.

When we reached the bathroom we made sure no one noticed us and immediately went in,I noticed the area outside the bathroom is uneven and inside the bathroom too.

"You seemed to have notice the unevenness of the floor Kaori-san" He pointed out it seemed that i'm right.

I checked the sinks and their faucet's mouth if they were wet and the faucet at the middle seemed to be used before we got in here maybe the same time when Bishu went here the sink seemed to be dry now.

"Did someone came in here before or after you went in?" I asked Bishu who's staring what I was doing,He gently open his left eye.

"now that you asked there was someone here when I came in he said he was just doing something urgent thats why he was forced to come in here"

I immediately somehow regretted hearing that "Did he-" Bishu immediately gave me smile with both of his eyes open,Gross.

The bathroom have 5 cubicle in-front of each is a sink and the other 2 walls the other wall which is near the entrance have a full mirror covering it and the opposite is only a wall.

Bishu went to the end of the room opposites the giant mirror he carefully place the can of cola letting it lay sideways.It immediately rolled to the mirror as soon as he let go of it,Bishu stood up and fixed his glasses.

"I see" He said and gently hold his chin "There's probably a hidden room behind that wall" he said pointing at his reflection at the mirror.

"Remember what you told me back then about how to find a hidden room?" He asked me that made me look down "Ohh!That if there's a hidden room in a place the steel reinforcement would be heavy enough to create a slope from 3 to 5 degree angle"

I read about that from a random article I found online,Now I understand why he placed a can at the end of the room because if you put something that can roll i would move.

Now this is problem solve  the body could be hidden here but how in the world would the police wouldn't notice it?

"You think we should call the police about this?" Bishu asked me,I wanna discover more something about this on our own so No "Not yet,even if we call the police and they indeed found something in there they probably wouldn't bother finding the suspect behind this" Police sometimes stay away from things that's not written or included on their missions and the owner of this Building would probably wanna cover this up since this building is newly established they don't wanna have some dirt in its name.

I thought about the Wife of the victim she probably knows something if his husband have someone that have a grudge to him.

"If he was abducted here how did the suspect knew that he'll be coming in here?Did his wife really cornered him along with the said suspect?" Bishu asked while still holding his chin.

I doubt the wife did it because the police said they didn't saw the wife put something on his husbands drink neither the kitchen staff.

TING!

I checked the large mirror and took out my gloves I prepared it incase,I placed my finger tip in-front of it Bishu looked at me confused what was I doing,And then my suspicion was filled.

"This is a Two-way mirror! Not only it was a secret door way the suspect probably watch and waited the victim came in here!" I exclaimed to Bishu who immediately picked up my response.

We search for a possible way to open the hidden door we even press every flush in their just to check if one of it was the secret button to open it but it seemed impossible for the suspect to use that as a opener,I tried to slide the mirror and it didn't move then I tried to pull it up,and here it is the hidden room covered in abyss.

The mirror carefully went up and more of the room that was covered in dark got revealed I stepped back a little in case their was someone inside here and thankfully there was none.

Bishu took out his phone and used the flashlight from it to light the room more,We looked at each other before going in.

We carefully stepped inside and when we went in we tried to search for a light switch.

"HOLY—" I screamed when a Mouse passed my foot "Are you alright Kaori-san?" Bishu asked me who immediately took my arms "I thought someone was taking you" He said and gave a sigh of relief.

There was a switch camouflage near the wall where the hidden tunnel is,So I immediately clicked the switch but to our surprise it just made the Two way mirror close and another wall fell down.

"Great it's now completely dark" I exclaimed we tried to find the light switch more widely and luckily Bishu found it.

I took a clear look on the room we are now in "It seems that this is a Storage room" he said while looking at the cleaning materials and things on the floor.

"Is it just me or something smells bad?" I said as I tried to find where the smell coming from.

There's nothing seemed special here there's just bunch of cleaning supplies and it seemed anybody rarely come in here based on the dust and spider web around.

"There's another hidden door here" Bishu said while touching and knocking to the wall he carefully pushed it and it was really a hidden room in camouflage.

Bishu supposed to went in but the smell was stronger inside so he stepped back and immediately closed the door.

We looked at each other slightly terrified on what we realized could be in that room and what could that smell be.

I tried to calm down but the lack of fresh circulating air here seems to affected my brain from functioning properly along with the one by one discovery we made.

When we we're coming out of the bathroom Bishu checked if there are people passing by before opening the door.

We headed out the Roppongi Hills at 6:30 it seemed that we didn't notice the time since we made a tour at the Roppongi Hills.

Bishu and I went back to the Inn to get some rest we'll have our Investigation continue tomorrow.

It's now 8:50 pm Bishu's back at the Inn reading newspaper and I went out to get fresh air when my phone suddenly vibrated.

H. RINDO

Was the messenger's name that flashed in my phone screen I taped it revealing the message he sent me.

H.RINDO:
Where are you?What time did you guys leaved?Are you guys alright?

You:
We're back,6:30 something.
Yeah we're alright,what up with the sudden text?

I didn't imagine he'll text me this fast,Fyi we exchanged numbers earlier I was getting enough of them so I didn't argue and just gave up my number.

H.RINDO:
Where are you?I'll stop by you guys.

You:
Why?

H.RINDO:
I'll tell you when I get there.

I can feel the vein in my head forming when did he get this stubborn?And why does he wanna know where am I?,Does he wanna fight me or something I can feel him direct his message on me.

But to my surprise I felt something like he'll tell me something I would and should hear so sent him our location.

This gotta be good if what he'll tell me doesn't satisfy me i'll chop him and brother to pieces.