Chapter 12 | Helena Ravenclaw

"Please tell me you can fix this. A boy hit her with the quaffle at full force." Sirius pleaded as he supported Remus and Madam Pomfrey in placing an unconscious and heavily bleeding Elektra onto the squeaky Hospital bed. They had just made it back to the castle, with Elektra in Sirius' arms as Harry, Sirius and Jada all rushed behind him in a panic. The wound looked nasty. Terrible, even! Harry was trying not to choke up at the sight, as Jada tried to come up with any potion imaginable that could fix the damage, though it was best to let Madam Pomfrey heal her.

Madam Pomfrey sighed when she saw the damage to the girl she knew since the first day El started Hogwarts. It was only a matter of time until her antics got her into some serious trouble, she thought to herself. Taking out a cloth and some hot water from a nearby pot, she gently patted the wound.

"Yes, yes, Professor Black. I can fix anything. Luckily she hasn't cracked much of her skull, which I am surprised about. Usually, Quidditch is the number one source for cracked bones." Madam Pomfrey sighed as she began to clean the wound. Harry nodded his head, agreeing as he remembered his broken arm in his second year. He couldn't look at her bleeding head without feeling completely sick that this was his fault too. If he hadn't had asked her to come, she wouldn't be in this mess.

"Is she going to be paralysed?" Sirius quickly asked, sitting by his daughter's side as he took her hand in his. Madam Pomfrey shook her head after examining the wound closer than before. "I will be honest with you, Black. If she were a Muggle, she would be dead by now as quaffles are far much harder than the balls they kick around in that Muggle world. But luckily for Wizards and Witches, we're a bit stronger than that. Besides, look-" She pointed inside the now cleaned wound, where Elektra's infamous blue energy was masking the bloodied and fractured damage. "She is very much alive. Just unconscious, that's all. But whatever that magic is, it will help to heal her quickly alongside my own. Interesting. Fascinating magic, indeed."

Sirius looked to where Remus was nervously stood at the end of the bed next to Harry. "What happened to the boy? Do we know?" Remus shook his head as Harry spoke up, "Kicked off the team and detention for a month for reckless behaviour." Remus blew out of his mouth, creating a whistle, "Serves him right." Sirius huffed in response, "If I see him in my class, he better watch his bloody step." Madam Pomfrey looked up in discreet horror as Remus quickly covered for his husband's words, "He's new to teaching. He's just upset, aren't you, Sirius?" Sirius nodded his head, his expression dark and angered as he watched the healer perform her magic on his only child.

"I ought to write to her mother. She'll want to know Elektra's back at Hogwarts, just not in one piece." Sirius breathed out, running a hand through his long wavy hair that was messier than usual. He took one last look at his daughter before squeezing her hand tightly and bringing it up to his lips, where he rested a sweet and gentle kiss upon it. "I'll be back, my darling." He whispered as he nodded his head at Remus, who urged Harry to take Sirius' seat.

Days had passed with Elektra still unconscious in the hospital wing. In a coma, Madam Pomfrey had told everyone who came to give El cards, flowers, balloons and chocolates in case she did manage to wake up. Harry hadn't left her side, and only left when he had the occasional class. But even then, he could barely concentrate knowing the love of his life was in such a wrong way, and the next Horcrux was right under his nose. Hermione had recommended putting all of his energy into finding the next Horcrux, to take his mind off of Elektra, which he thought wasn't such a bad idea. The first stop was Ravenclaw tower with Hermione, Ron and Luna on a hunt for Helena Ravenclaw who might know where the Diadem resided.

On the other hand, Sirius was summoned into McGonagall's office where a blonde-haired model of a woman was waiting to see her daughter in hopes she wasn't still unconscious. She had heard whispers of her daughter being back at the school, but it was a surprise when Sirius described the accident as the worst he had ever seen (although she assumed he was amping up the stakes, as he could be a little dramatic from time to time.)