~27~

✧✶⭒☆⭒✶✧

'It's back!' 

That was the last thing Klaus heard before he sudden felt a massive darkness in his chest and his soul. His body slumped to the floor and he grabbed the brick wall he had been standing next to. Dead. She was dead. Talia was dead but that was impossible because if the bond was back then he had to be dead too. 

The Hybrid couldn't move, the pain flooding over and through him. A torrential tsunami of pain and agony. He screamed a guttural, howling sound. His head fell to his lap and he continued screaming. Onlookers were staring at him. Humans were terrified and witches were frozen. 

So many people staring at the man screaming in the alleyway. Anger was a powerful emotion, Klaus knew that. He had been angry many times in his life, but whatever this was was so much worse. It was a thousand times worse. 

Slowly, he stood as his anger took over like it usually did. He was going to kill whoever killed Talia. A big part of him suspected it was Marcellus. 

Striding through the groups of people, Klaus's eyes burned gold and his canines were elongated into sharp fangs. A growl was building in his chest and he was prepared to slaughter everyone in New Orleans. Someone had killed the one thing he had left and he was going to make the world rain blood. 

✧✶⭒☆⭒✶✧

Rebekah looked over at Marcel when the doors of the Compound slammed open. Her brother stood there, rage on his face and she had never seen him so angry. It terrified her. "Sister." His voice was icy and Marcel shifted positions next to her, his weight going from one foot to the other. "Marcellus. I'm going to destroy you." 

Marcel blinked, this wasn't according to plan. He showed off the dagger he had hidden up his sleeve, only pissing off the Hybrid more. "You can't get to me, Klaus." 

"You killed someone I love and in-turn I will destroy everything you have ever loved." 

Rebekah threw up her hands, eyes blazing as she glowered at Niklaus. "What are you even talking about, Nik? This is why I'm with Marcel, all you do is act. You don't apologize. I've had enough. We've had enough." 

"Apologize?" He bellowed, and it seemed that the blond man nearly grew in size. "Apologize?! For you killing Talia? For you killing my soulmate?

He screamed the words with such rage that Rebekah fell backwards, her eyes wide and massive. "What?" She sounded meek suddenly, her voice barely a whisper as her older brother stalked forward. "Talia's dead? You killed her?" She turned her gaze in horror on Marcel who looked confused and heartbroken. 

"What? I would never hurt Talia, I cared about her too. What do you mean she's dead?" Marcel's eyes were wide and Klaus hesitated before shaking his head. 

"Don't lie to me, Marcellus. Don't lie to me about this. About her. She's dead, and you would kill her if it meant I died too. Well, guess what, your plan failed. I'm still alive." His hands clenched into fists. "Now, maybe I'll make your death a little less excruciating if you hand over her body." 

Rebekah hesitated, eyes flitting between Marcel and her brother. "You don't have her body? So you're not even sure she's dead?" 

Klaus flexed his hands, his eyes blazing gold. "I know that she's dead. The bond was back, Rebekah. It was back. I could feel her. For a moment I felt her and then I felt her die. I felt her neck snap and I felt her die. I felt the only-" he trailed off, closing his eyes. "Talia is dead and the world will rain blood until I get her back." 

Marcel violently shook his head, hands raised in surrender. He was terrified of what Klaus would do to him. "I didn't kill her, man, I swear to God I didn't kill her. I wouldn't have ever killed Talia, Klaus. I swear on my life. I give you my word." 

✧✶⭒☆⭒✶✧

Elijah walked up the steps of the house into the living room that night to find Klaus standing near the window, holding a dagger in his hands. He was crying, his shoulders shaking and he was alone. 

The oldest Mikaelson hesitated, his eyes focused on his brother. "Niklaus?" 

There was no sign of the Hybrid's Companion, who would usually be at his side, rubbing his shoulder and comforting his grief with her presence. "Niklaus, what has happened?" 

Rebekah entered the room, surprisingly clean of blood or wounds or treachery. A lot had happened while Elijah was in the Bayou, and he would need to catch up fast. The youngest Mikaelson looked to the oldest, her blue eyes closing for a moment. "It's Talia." 

Elijah froze, looking to his sister and then his brother. Talia was his friend. Talia was the only thing keeping Klaus from teetering into insanity. Talia was the only thing holding this family together besides Hayley and the child. "What about Talia?" 

"She's been murdered," Klaus spoke lowly, looking up with his cheeks streaked with tears. "But not by Marcellus like I originally thought. We went hunting for her and found her strung up outside this very house. It appeared she hung herself at first glance but a compelled cop told us she had been moved there. There was a brand on her arm, a broken heart with arrows sticking from it." Klaus slowly walked from the living room into the kitchen where the dead body of his soulmate sat on the counter, her eyes open and neck twisted at a horrid angle. "A brand I've seen before. She was branded with the same mark many months ago, I'd forgotten about it yet it seems they came back to finish what they started. Their intentions were to kill me." 

Elijah stared in horror at the sight of Talia Monroe's corpse. "We have a new enemy, now, don't we?" 

Klaus nodded, his hand slowly picking up her stiff, cold one. 

"Yes, and I am going to decimate them. They started a war that no-one will survive."