Chapter 15 - Doubts and Promises

Soft lips brushed the sensitive skin on the back of his neck. His eyes fluttered shut and his head fell back while he moaned with pleasure. The feather-light touch made a shiver run down his spine.

As calloused hands slid down the front of his body from behind, travelling lower, touching the waistband of his pants, the sensation made things even lower in his tighten in anticipation, until he felt...

"Oh my gosh! Trygve, I'm so sorry."

The sorceress's voice was a bucket of ice water, ripping away the memories of that one night, as she let go of his mind.

While his heart ached every time, she accidentally conjured what he had felt back during those days -and nights, other parts of his body were clearly happy to relive those moments over and over again. 

Very happy indeed, he realised, and cautiously adjusted his position on the bed, hoping to conceal his bodily reaction.

It wasn't the first time this had happened as they explored her mental abilities. However - thanks for small mercies - none of the incidents had been as awkward as the first time, which had been especially revealing. 

It had left them red-faced and unable to look at each other for two days.

Yet, she clearly hadn't despised him for anything she had seen of those encounters that night and thankfully it had certainly clarified that they would never share moments like this. Her being a woman had made him fear that she might harbour different expectations. 

His fears, however, had not been confirmed. Whenever she let some of her feelings slip in his direction, all he had sensed was gratitude and friendship. That, he could offer her and would do so gladly.

While he wished the feelings of sorrow and heartache to no living thing in all of three Dimensions, he wanted her to find the same happiness that he had felt even if it had been very short-lived, for she truly and undeniably deserved it. That one brief moment had been worth all of the pain that he had had to endure because of it.

He believed her when said she hadn't done it on purpose. Not only had he known that the exploration of unknown abilities came with risks, - for both of them - but the use of the power also allowed him to get a glimpse at what she was feeling.

Her regrets and words of apology had always been sincere. No other sorcerer had shown him that much respect ever before and he didn't know of any other sorcerer living or dead that had treated a Dracaeni in this way. 

She'd also been true to her word and had never asked him about Duane again. another first for her kind.

"Are you alright?" the sorceress's voice came out slightly breathy, words laced with insecurity, cheeks still stained pink from what she had witnessed.

"I'm fine," he replied hoping he would be able to soothe her uneasiness that made his skin crawl, too.

Tonight, the night before the meeting, she seemed to bristle with nervous energy and anxiety and despite being quite proficient at managing their mental connection after the last couple of weeks, right now she didn't seem to be able to fully rein in her own emotions.

"But I think you should rest now."

It was late, but she had insisted on one last practice session. Trygve had given in, believing it would put her mind at ease a little bit. However, he had been wrong.

While they were able to speak mind to mind as easily - or even more easily - as if they were talking to each other, conjuring memories from his mind, showing him things, she had herself experienced or creating images that originated in neither of their heads was still challenging at times.