𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Copyright © 2020 -J.Rae

———⋆☽⋆———

This was heavily requested in response to the end of my first book, RopeBurn. Though there is no need to read it first if you haven't already, this is a stand alone book.

↽———⋆☽⋆———⇁

𝐁 𝐋 𝐔 𝐑 𝐁

Aurelio Russo had been rumored to be the antichrist, someone so conniving and cunning that no one dared to so much as scuff his shoes. His property was just that, his. Even his rivals stayed clear of his territory. The truth in it was, he enjoyed the adrenaline he received when in the line of fire. He liked the feeling of warm blood turning cold against his skin.

Even with his dark mind, the people who lived within his territory had to admit that it had grown safer since his takeover. There were no more rival shootouts, no more lowly thefts causing a ruckus. Everything was safe, the streets stayed clean. His reputation scared away anything lesser than him.

It wasn't until her most recent visit that Elvira Russo, his mother, became worried for her son's well-being. She had raised him in seclusion from the mafia world, but it seemed like all it had taken was a year for it to take over his mind. In his eyes she saw that of what used to plague her husbands, the darkness she had tried hard to avoid. It seemed like those dark eyes were nothing more than a hereditary trait among the Russo men. With the knowledge of her son's mental state, she began looking for someone naive enough to treat him.

Zen Maven had only just escaped America, coming to Italy to hide from the dangers of her past. With nothing more than a fake passport and her degree in psychology, she rented a hotel room within the Russo territory and began working at a therapist's office a few miles away from her hotel. One short-staffed, one eager for her arrival. It was there she was approached by a woman who offered her a deal she couldn't refuse.

In exchange for her therapy to all the residents within the Russo's property, she would receive her separate wing in the house as well as meals prepared for her three times a day. Each session she provided would be paid thousands by the hour, and all she had to do was keep neat files and listen to them. She signed the contract without much thought, the high security of the place would keep her safe from the danger that lurked in her past.

Zen is quick to learn that the walls are more of a curse than they are a blessing, and the main focus of her work is scarier than anything she had come across before.

↽———⋆☽⋆———⇁

𝐖 𝐀 𝐑 𝐍 𝐈 𝐍 𝐆 𝐒

This book will contain mature languages, explicit scenes, and toxic relationships.

↽———⋆☽⋆———⇁

𝐔 𝐏 𝐃 𝐀 𝐓 𝐄 𝐒 𝐂 𝐇 𝐄 𝐃 𝐔 𝐋 𝐄

Updates come and go when I'm inspired.

↽———⋆☽⋆———⇁