𝟏𝟑

HeartBurn

Chapter Thirteen

Zen Maven

↽———⋆♥︎⋆———⇁

"So what you're saying is that you're just going to drive him utterly insane?" I asked though It was only after he had pulled away and moved to his desk. "I've been working with him for a while, trust me when I tell you he'd be rather comfortable living in a cell. He never even liked to spend time outside anyways." I shivered slightly, rubbing my arm with my one good hand.

"Sure, let's leave it at that assumption." Something about his smile worried me, what the hell was he planning? And why did he always speak in such an obscure way? "What even possessed you to go down there, again?"

"I'm a sleepwalker," I explained with a shrug and laid on my back so that I stared at the intricately designed ceiling. "I just wake up and find myself in random places."

"So you can move a 300-pound fridge while being asleep?" He asked me, I doubt he looked in my direction based on the clicking of the keyboards.

I turned my head to him and furrowed my brows together. "Why the hell would I move a fridge in my sleep?" I had once shot a gun in my sleep and put a hole through the door. However, I can't see myself moving something so damn heavy.

"Because the way to that room is behind a fridge, then down a spiral staircase nearly two hundred feet below." He explained casually as if he wasn't explaining something so utterly terrifying. "I'm guessing you didn't try to murder him while half awake, though. What did he say to make you so mad? I've threatened your life several times and yet you've never tried to kill me."

"I've thought about killing you multiple times," I admitted, mainly as a joke. Partially, as a joke. He laughed himself, his chair creaking as he sat back.

"You're avoiding my question." He turned his head towards me, smiling sadistically as he typed away. "Why not confide in me? You have no one else - Dante isn't going to speak to you for a while." I tossed a pillow in his direction and turned my head back towards the ceiling. "Too far?"

"You're an ass, you know?"

"So I've heard."

"It doesn't matter what he said, his actions alone were enough to make me want to knock his lights out." He groaned and stood from his chair before looking down at me. "What?"

"You know I like drama, yet you're withholding information from me?" His hand moved into my hair, I couldn't help but flinch from his touch.

"You're inferiority complex is showing." He slightly tugged on my hair, crouching so that our faces were barely a foot apart. "Oh please, if you're going to hurt me as some way to assert your dominance do it already." I turned my head away from him. Of course, we couldn't have more than ten minutes of peace before he started something and I instigated it.

His hand slowly moved from my hair and onto my chin, forcing my head back to him. This time, he was closer. his eyes scanned my face for any sign, and surely he saw the redness in my cheeks. Perhaps the room was too warm. "Are you flustered?" He chuckled, it was deep. I mean, it sounded like he was half awake, something even I couldn't deny was attractive.