Chapter 4

Eda was angry and she went straight to the washroom to clean her face. She got furious on Serkan's actions. She calmed herself and took her steps out of the washroom. It wasn't enough for the day when she saw Serkan's hands on Selin's arm whereas, Selin's on his shoulder.

"He is an asshole" Eda whispered.

She tried to leave from there without getting noticed by them but stopped when they started talking to each other. She tried but wasn't able to hear anything. They were smiling and laughing a bit which made her even more angry. Eda tried to ignored and cursed herself. But her eyes widened seeing Selin hugging him. Seeing this, she felt as if ground slept from under her feet. The first day of her job seemed like worst nightmare to her.

"See you tomorrow!" Serkan said to Selin

"Ok! Then I think I should leave now" Selin said as Serkan nodded

Eda was moving straight to her office when Serkan came from behind and said "Eda....I'm really sorry. I was-"

"You will pay for it. If you allow Serkan Bey can I leave now?" Eda growled as she turned back to face him

"But Eda, I need to talk-"

"I'm tired Serkan. Really. I had never thought that my first day is going to be like this. You are making it difficult for me. Please stop bothering me with our personal things when I'm working. I guess you knew it better then me. This is how you build your empire. Isn't it?"

"Okay. But promise me we will talk about this later out of working hours I mean." 

"I've nothing to talk by the way. But if you want we will see. We will talk for one and the last time and  we will behave professionally afterwards. Got it?"

"Hmm. So would you like to have dinner with me tomorrow at our favourite spot?"

"Wherever. We'll just talk and that's it. Goodbye Serkan Bey" Eda said as she grabbed her sling and left

******

"How was your first day. You look tired"

"Yes I'm tired but why are you so much interested as if you care alot. My lovely Grandma" Eda said sarcastically

"Because I care."

"You don't!! If you really cared about me, you would be here this morning at least to wish me."

"I had to deal with few business early morning."

"As always. Well.. its not your fault, its mine who overthinks. And before I leave I want to warn you again, do not fucking interfere in my job." Eda hissed

Ayfer came inside just to break the tension created inside the hall "I am so happy for you. You finally made it to this stage. Your parents must be very proud today." she said with tears welling up her eyes and cupping Eda's cheeks

"Really!! I'm so happy that I could at least do something for them. Thank you for always being there for me aunt. I love you." Eda kissed her cheeks and went straight upto her room

She opened the drawer just to pull out her parents picture. She held the frame tightly and put it on her chest. Recalling all the tiredness and events that happened with her today, she felt asleep after sometime.

******

The next day was a bit awkward for both Serkan and Eda. They couldn't see each other half of the day. They were trying hard to focus on their work. Serkan had few meetings to attend and Eda was just working on her ideas for Ecological project. Eda straightened her back and looked up to see a pair of eyes already gazing at her. She immediately looked down trying not to gain attention of Serkan.