Chapter 6

PEEK-A-BOO. Enjoy the ride.

Flashback

"I can't see them getting together, them looking into each other's eyes like they gonna fuck right now, on the ground, in front of everyone. I can't see them like that" Balca looked to her reflection inside the mirror and continued "I'm coming to ruin the so-called love of yours. You don't deserve each other. You're mine Serkan Bolat, only mine. If not today, tomorrow you'll be mine, in my life, in my arms. Nobody deserves you as much as I do. I love you from the day I saw you, when we were in the first standard. I was having the best days of my life till that little bitch came into our life after four years. She is younger but not innocent. She is fucking bitch."

Balca moved outside of the washroom, straight to the crying Eda in the cafeteria, with fake concern. "What happened darling? Why are you crying? Something happened. You fought with Serkan?" She was showing fake concern but smiling inside.

She was always like that, near to Eda, asking every time if she is fine, helping her out in every difficulty. Poor Eda thought she is the only best friend she has. Ceren and Melo used to be with her but as Balca was more close to Serkan and as she was his batchmate, she thought that only she can be best for her. Eda was mean, wasn't her fault, teenager shit isn't it?

Though she wasn't as much as close to Ceren and Melo, as she was with Balca, she always used to spend time with them. Later she realised everything but later, not now.

"Eda stop crying. Can you tell me already what happened?"

Eda hugged Balca and said "I'm alone Balca, my parents are diagnosed with cancer. My mom and dad, both at the same time. It's very difficult for me. I called my aunt but we have no one to look after. I don't know what to do in this situation. I want to talk to Serkan but we fought two days ago because I was ignoring his calls. Trust me I wasn't intentionally, I was dealing with a lot of shit the past few days. My grandmother isn't in town as well. She was never by the way. But I expected her now. Anyways, I don't know how to talk to Serkan. Can you help me?"

"Of course Eda! I will talk to him. Stop crying! You've to be strong. More strong. And what are you doing here? Go to your parents. I will tell Serkan meanwhile." Balca was laughing inside as she should. Bitch who? Right. Balca.

Eda nodded, hugged her for the last time and left.

Balca went straight to the classroom Serkan was in, he was looking at his phone as he was waiting for someone to call. Someone. Eda of course.

"Hello, Serkan."

"Oh.Hi. Balca. Wassup."

"Um. I'm good but there's something I need to tell you."

"Carry on"

"I met Eda" Serkan immediately moved to her side and motioned to indicate her to tell him more.

"She was upset and she wanted to talk to somebody."

"W..What happened. Is she alright? Tell me damn"

"She is alright. She just doesn't want to talk to you. She was upset because she didn't want to face you. She told me that she isn't happy lately and decided to take a break. She is ignoring you because she doesn't want to continue her relationship with you. She wants you to never bother her, never call her, leave her as soon as your school ends next month. She wants you to never turn back to her and let her go with her life."

Serkan's heart ached, his eyes getting watery. He asked with a stuttering voice "What she even meant by that. I'm gonna call her. She can't do this to me. No. No. Damn Eda."

"Serkan. If you will call her, she will not reply. She already moved on. I don't know with whom but she said there is someone."

"I couldn't believe any of her words Balca. She must be lying. She is hiding something, I'm sure."

"You know she shares everything with me. Don't you trust me? It would be better for her. Don't you think so? If you love her, do as she told. Don't bother her."

Serkan left without saying anything further. One thing saying him to call Eda or visit her. And other believing in what Balca told him.

Balca gave evil smile to herself and left for Eda's house "Let's check on our broken girl."

She knocked on her door as Eda welcomed her. She met with her parents. And Eda moved to the kitchen to grab some snacks and juice for Balca.

Beep Beep

Eda's phone rang and Balca looked at the screen that showed Serkan. She opened her phone.

"Eda. What happened suddenly. Why aren't you picking up my calls? Tell me what Balca said is true. Do you really want to break up with me? If so, please Eda, at least talk to me, meet me, I love you, I can't imagine my life without you."

Another message popped "Reply me"

Balca started typing "Serkan. We've nothing to talk about now. I moved on and better you move on too. Don't try to contact me any way ever. Bye. Good luck."

She blocked him from everywhere from Eda's phone. Deleted all recent texts. And put her phone down when she heard the footsteps approaching.

Eda placed a tray to the side of the table and she sat down.

"Did you talk?"

"Yes. Eda. Umm. How to say. I don't want to talk about it, that too when you are having a difficult phase of life."

"I'm nervous. What did he say? Tell me fast."

"He doesn't want to see your face. He is so angry with you that he doesn't even want to talk to you. After a month, he is leaving, as you already know, for his higher studies. So he wants to end everything with you before moving. He said not to contact him in any way. He moved on, you also move on with life."

Eda closed the door behind her so that her parents couldn't hear her crying. She was half-dead after what she heard. However she didn't want to believe it, she got panic attacks one by one. Balca tried hard to help her out. Helping my foot. A knock on the door came, Balca opened and came back inside followed by Ceren and Melo.

The bitch Balca told them every lie she told to Eda. They tried to console her in every possible way.

The pain longed for years. Eda tried to move on several times but she failed every time. Dated, ditched, dated, ditched. Never felt the spark. Always one picture running into her mind. The pain got even worse when she couldn't protect her parents from dying. All blame turned to Serkan, eventually.

On the other hand, Serkan moved to London. Completing his degree, coming back to Istanbul to carry on with his father's business. He worked so hard all these years, became a successful architect, most eligible bachelor, every day on news. One cannot ignore him, especially if you are living in Istanbul. So with Eda. Seeing him at every corner of news, gossips, her pain never diminished. It grew basically. She tried to cover everything in the name of hatred "I hate you, Serkan Bolat"