The Confession

Astrid and Hiccup landed their dragons on the isle of Berk, and dismounted. The gang was behind them, and once they started chattering to each other, the two approached each other. "Astrid, I'm going to tell my father."

She smiled, and put her hand on his shoulder. "Well, I hope it goes well."

"Me too."

At that moment, the Chief of Berk, approached the gang.

"Hey guys, haven't seen you for a while!" he commented as he approached his son. 

"Hey Chief!" Astrid said, standing next to her boyfriend. 

"Nice to see you Astrid."

"hi dad," Hiccup muttered nervously. 

"Hiccup!" he hugged him practically squeezing him off the ground. 

"When you hug me dad..." he wheezed, "can you not do it so... tightly?"

"oh, sorry son." He dropped him on the ground.

"Can I speak to you, dad? Privately?"

"Oh, sure son," Stoick said and nodded. 

The two of them walked away from the gang and went to the Chief's house.

"I have to tell you something, dad," Hiccup stated nervously, walking by the dining room table.

"What is it?"

Hiccup scratched the back of his neck nervously. "I-" he looked at his feet (or foot) for a second before he spoke again- "I started...I'm dating Astrid."

Stoick widened his eyes. "WHAT! HALLELUJAH SON! IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!" He shouted in the air excitedly and lifted his son up again. "I predicted this years ago, what took you guys so long?"

"Uh, I-"

"Great now let's plan the wedding!"

"DAD!" Hiccup said, embarrassed, his face flushing red.

Stoick slapped him on the back. "I'm just joking, son. Come on. It's almost dinner time. I'll have the both of you eat with me in my house tonight. My treat."

"O..okay," Hiccup said, still embarrassed.

"So, how did you figure it out?"

Hiccup furrowed his brows. "What?"

"How did you figure out that you both loved each other? Knowing that everyone else knew but the two of you?"

Hiccup scratched his neck again nervously. "Err, I guess it was timing? I guess I realized I just couldn't lose her."

Stoick smiled. "That's nice, son. Well, I need to go to settle some stuff with the villagers. Just tell me when the wedding is!"

"Dad!" Hiccup exclaimed embarrassed as his father walked out the door.

---------

Hiccup made his way to Astrid who still outside in the plaza with the gang.

Astrid smiled. "What'd he say?"

"He asked when the wedding was. Also, he wants you over for dinner. Might wanna tell your parents before word gets around."

Her eyes bulged. "Wedding? Nevermind this, I'll just break up!"

"No Astrid!" Hiccup caught her hand before she ran off.

"You know I don't mean that!" She chuckled.

Hiccup stared deep into her eyes, pulling a strand of hair behind her. "No, I know." He leaned in slowly and kissed her passinately.