The Total Mistake Of Words

The gang were all sitting down at the table, eating dinner that Astrid prepared. "Here are the yak-chops!"

"Mmm, can't wait to try them!" Fishlegs said, grabbing one from the plate. "Where'd you get the recipe?"

"Heather gave it to me," Astrid said as she put the plate on the table. Everyone grabbed some and started eating it.

"You should totally make food again sometime!" Fishlegs said.

"Thanks, I think I will," Astrid said, sitting down and taking a yak-chop and eating it. "Also, in a few months is Snoggletog, so I'm going to make more Yak-Nog for you guys."

"I doubt that's a good idea," Hiccup muttered to himself as he almost choked on his drink.

Unfornately, he wasn't the only one who heard what he said. "What was that?" Astrid asked, her expression hardening.

"Uh what?" he asked, confused.

"You said "I doubt that's a good idea" about my Yak-Nog. Why?"

"That's not what I said, you must've misheard me," Hiccup defended, starting to sweat. He knew that's what he said, but he wasn't about to let Astrid know everyone hated her Yak-Nog.

"No, I didn't. I heard you perfectly clear. Do you not like my Yak-Nog??"

The twins eyed each other in excitement, Fishlegs nervously looked around, uncomfortable, while Snotlout kept eating, but keeping an eye on the drama.

"Who said I didn't like it?" Hiccup laughed nervously.

"You did! Hiccup, stop lying to me! I know what you said!" she yelled, getting more furious.

"I didn't say that! Why would I say that?"

"I don't know! You tell me!"

"So, now I have to say something I don't even agree with?" Hiccup retorted, getting a little annoyed now.

"So, uhh... do you want us to go?" Fishlegs asked nervously.

The couple ignored him, and continued arguing. After about five minutes of Hiccup denying he ever said anything, and Astrid insisting he did, finally Astrid slammed her fist on the table.

"I've had enough of this! Come to me when you make up your mind!" With that, she stormed off and left. After a minute, you could hear her door to her hut slam shut.

"So, Hiccup," Fishlegs said timidly, patting down the table. "Hi."

Hiccup looked at him. "Was I wrong?"

Fishlegs shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not getting in the middle of it."

~~~

The next morning Hiccup walked into the clubhouse as everyone was eating breakfast. "Hey Astrid!" Hiccup said as nicely as he could.

Astrid stood up, and walked out eating her apple. She brushed past him without saying anything.

"Astrid, I-" Hiccup stumbled as she left.

Tuffnut walked up, put his hand on his shoulder. "I think she's still mad at you, H."

"Yeah, no kidding," Hiccup responded, annoyed.

"But man, was that argument last night between you two awesome!" Ruffnut exclaimed.

Hiccup smiled. "Sure didn't feel like it."

Fishlegs walked up to him. "What are you going to do? I mean, tell the truth? We don't like Yak-Nog?"

"Ohh," Hiccup said, sitting down, rubbing his temples. "I have a migraine. Don't remind me of that. It gives me a headache."