≫ⓣⓦⓔⓛⓥⓔ

My eyes fluttered open and my eyesight was blurry at first. Something is spinning really fast. It's white, too. As I continued blinking, my vision got clearer and I realised that it was just a ceiling fan.

Trying to get up is a fail. My body hurts for some reason, mainly my legs and my back. I think I'm laying on a bed. My hand went up and down the bedspread a few times to make sure.

This time, I actually made an effort to sit up, and it was somehow successful. And then I panicked. Where the hell am I?

The room I am in is blue. Royal blue, actually. The bedspread, the wall, some furniture...even some decorations. There's a lot of hockey pictures and some family pictures on the dresser. Definitely a guy's room.

I slowly got out of the bed and walked over to the pictures so I can find out where I am. Finally approaching it, I picked up the one that had had two people in it, a young boy and a young girl. Shawn and Aaliyah.

There's another one with Shawn's family, probably from awhile ago because he had braces. Smiling to myself, I tried to picture Shawn with braces now. Weird.

"So you're not mad?"

I turned around, startled. Shawn.

Was I? Oh God, I can't remember shit right now. All I remember is walking for a really long time and entering a party. I don't know how to reply to his question. So, I put the picture frame back down, without looking at him. There was an awkward silence between us, until I spoke up. "What...happened?"

He didn't speak. He just simply looked confused by my question.

"I mean, what happened to me? Like, did I pass out?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yeah, it was all of a sudden."

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"Do you not remember?"

"Not really."

He sat down on the carpet, and so did I. "Well, I...I fucked up. We were supposed to go on a date a few hours ago, but I didn't show up because...nevermind. But you got really upset and went to some party for some reason and saw me there and then you ran out and I chased you down - which, by the way, you're a really fast runner -but that's not the point. So then I caught you and you slapped me really hard, like, really hard..." He stopped talking for a second to show me the slight redness on his one cheek. Funny thing is, I don't regret it.

"But that's not all," he continued. "After you slapped me, you passed out, which was really weird. And man, you were out cold. So I didn't really know what to do but bring you back here."

"You brought me back to your house? Do you know how sketchy that is? A girl passes out and what does Shawn do? Brings her back to his house."

"Is that so weird?"

"Very."

"Oh, well, I'm sorry, next time I'll leave you there, alone," he said. Dammit, he's got a point.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"Not that long," he said, looking at the digital clock beside his bed. I looked at it as well, and to my surprised, it's two in the morning.

"I better get home, my aunt's probably worried sick..." I lied, trying to make an excuse to leave.

"Doesn't she work night shift?" Shawn asked. What the hell? How does he remember that?

"Still. I wanna be home in the morning or else she'll have a heart attack," I said, standing up.

"I think your arm is bleeding," he said.

"What?"

"Your arm..." He stood up and gently took my arm, showing it to me. It wasn't that big of a cut, but it's definitely bleeding.

"What the...how did this get here? Nevermind, that doesn't matter. Do you have a bathroom where I can go wash this?"

"Next door to my room. I'll get you a band-aid," he said.

"Thanks," I said, as I made my way to the bathroom. Eventually, I put some warm water on it and everything. Shawn came in and handed me the band-aid.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked, putting on the band-aid.

"Sure."

I then looked at him once I finished. "Why didn't you show up? At the movie theater? And go to some stupid party instead?"

He didn't respond right away, but he didn't look me in the eye. Then, he finally spoke. "If I tell you, it'll mess things up."

"What do you mean?"

"Our friendship," he said. Oh, God. I don't know where he's going with this but it's freaking me out.

I leaned against the sink's countertop in the bathroom and shawn stood in front of me. "Don't hate me when I tell you this, okay?" he asked. I nodded, afraid of what's about to happen.

"When I first saw you, working at that music store, I...I dunno, I really wanted to get to know you. You were so unique and...yeah. And when I danced with you at that concert, it suddenly hit me...Well, shit, this girl is perfect. And I started getting these feelings for you, feelings I've never really had for a girl, so it was weird for me -" he pushed back a piece of my hair - "and sometimes, it kills me how fucking beautiful you are. It really does. And the reason why I didn't show up at the movie theater was because I lo-" he stopped himself. "I like you too much. I didn't want to screw things up between us. Because that's what I always do with girls is make things bad. I didn't want to do that with you, Belle. And I know I'm a bastard for what I did and I regret it. I wish I could've gone on that date with you. And I know it's only been, what, two weeks but don't kill me when I say this..."

Our bodies are extremely close, so close I can feel his pounding heart against mine. "Belle, I think I love you."

I stared at him, in awe. My voice all of a sudden seems weak. But I noticed, as I'm looking at him, that he looks like a god. His smoky brunette hair is beautiful, his eyes are beautiful, his body is beautiful, he is beautiful.

His facial expression showed pain. "You hate me. I-I'm such a fuckup, Jesus Christ. I shouldn't have said that. God, what is wrong with me -"

I felt courageous and daring and did something I've never thought of doing. I cut Shawn off and kissed him. His lips were warm and soft, and he wrapped his arms around my waist as I wrapped mine around his neck. The kissed started off gentle but got gradually got more intense.

Next thing you know, I felt my butt slid on top of the cold countertop, the sink beside me. My legs wrapped around his body and I kissed him even more passionately, my heart beating a mile a minute. He placed his hands on my bare waist and I smiled as we continued to kiss.

We eventually both broke apart for air. "Damn," he said. I looked down, smiling.

I hopped down from the countertop. "So what now?"

"What now? I'd like to do that again, but -" he clicked his phone on and then back off - "it's kind of two-thirty in the morning. Stay the night?"

"Sure."

I hopped onto his bed and got under the covers, snuggling up. My body felt tired and all I wanted was sleep. Shawn turned off the lights. I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around me, and I smiled. My heart began pounding once more.

"Night, Blondie."

~

you're welcome.

-livvvv