≫ⓕⓘⓥⓔ

Oh my God, what do I wear?

So it’s nearly nine o’clock at night and I’m supposed to be meeting Shawn at Linville Park in an hour. It’s not a date or anything, but I want to look nice still.

Okay, so far I picked out a cute pair a jean shorts, a purple, tight tanktop with a flowy long white opened sweater due to the wind being a bit cold. For shoes, I wore my white converse.

My long strawberry blond hair was put into a loose side braid, some strands falling out. I put on some foundation and mascara and a tiny bit of eye shadow, and that was it.

Aunt Linda had to work night shift tonight at the hospital and Gabe was out with his friends, as usual. He left his car here because his friend came to pick him up. It was the perfect night for me to sneak out and use Gabe’s car to meet up with Shawn.

Completely forgetting about the time, I turned on my phone. Nine fifty-five. I need to leave right now or else I’ll be late since I’m about five minutes away from Linville.

With this, I didn’t even think to bring my purse. I slid my phone in my back pocket and went out to the garage to hop into Gabe’s car.

And off I was to the park.

As I was driving through the dark, all I could think was what’s going to happen tonight? What if this is some sick scheme of his to rape me or something? What if he stands me up? Oh God, oh God, oh God. But in reality, Shawn’s a good guy. He’s sweet and kind to me.

Finally, I park my car and hopped out. There was a sign that said, Welcome to Linville Park! All visitors are welcome.

What worried me was that I didn’t find Shawn right away. In front of me was an open field of grass, some picnic tables, and a playground up ahead. No sign of Shawn. No sign of anyone.

Just darkness.

Panic overwhelmed me all of a sudden. What if I get kidnapped? There’d be no witnesses to see it happen, either!

“Well, hey there, Blondie.”

Oh, thank God. Thank you, Jesus. I turned around, Shawn’s tall figure standing behind me. He wore a flannel long-sleeve shirt with khakis.  His hair was the same, smoky brunette.

“Hey,” I said, greeting him with a smile. A cool breeze gave me a sudden shiver, causing me to tug my sweater together. “So why exactly are we here?”

“I have something to show you,” he said. He grabbed my hand and began walking. Butterflies roamed my stomach as I felt the touch of his warm hand.

About a minute later of walking, he stopped in a certain spot. There was a patch of grass that was taller than the other grass.

Thisis what you wanted to show me? A patch of abnormal grass?” I asked.

“No, I wanted to show you this.” Shawn looked up at the sky, so I did the same.

I smiled in amazement. The sky was full of stars, it was a beautiful sight. One by one the stars were stacked and all piled together. Shawn then layed down on his back in the patch of grass. Again, I copied him.

“My friend and I, when we were little, used to lay here on the patch of grass and watch the stars...before he...he…” Shawn couldn’t get out the words, looking sad.

“Died?” I asked, feeling a pang of guilt and sadness.

Shawn looked at me, smiling. “Moved.” He then began laughing.

I hit him playfully and laughed. “Good one.”

“So, Blondie, tell me more about yourself.”

“My name is Belle Marshall, I’m from Albany, New York, I’m sixteen years old and I hate cats.”

Shawn laughed. “Well, Belle Marshall from Albany, New York, who is sixteen years old and hates cats, I think you’re cool.”

I faked gasped. “Oh my gosh, did the Shawn Mendes just call me...cool?!” Shawn laughed.

“Your turn. Tell me ‘bout yourself,” I said.

“My name is Shawn Peter Raul Mendes, I’m from Toronto, I’m sixteen years old, and I play the guitar.”

“You’re into music?” I asked, shocked.

He nodded. “For a few years now.”

And we continued talking to each other for awhile about Shawn’s love for music. He told me that he sings, and he’s been doing this since he was fourteen.

It was then approaching eleven o’clock when we both stood up and began walking back to where my car was parked.

“So, you walked here? At least let me give you a ride back so you don’t have to walk in the dark and you’re two minutes away,” I offered.

“No, it’s ok--”

“Mendes? Is that you?” Shawn and I  turned our heads simultaneously. Before us approached three guys, who looked about seventeen or eighteen years old. I couldn’t make out their features because of the darkness.

Shawn groaned. “Get the fuck out, Colby.”

Who the hell is this guy? And his friends?

“Is this your girlfriend?” he said, approaching me. He suddenly put his hands on my waist. Oh God, oh shit. My stomach dropped and my heart was racing with panic.

I trying pulled his hands off me, but he had a strong grip. “Let go of me,” I demanded. It didn’t work.

“Don’t fucking touch her,” Shawn said, his voice growing deep. He suddenly pushed this dude, who’s name was apparently Colby. Colby lost his balance for a minute, then looked at Shawn in the eye.

And just like that, Colby’s fist met Shawn’s face. Shawn automatically fell to the ground. I screamed out loud. The two guys behind Colby began beating Shawn up, kicking him and fighting him. Shawn tried to fight back, but he was overpowered.

“STOP!” I screamed, attempting to pry them off Shawn. “STOP IT OR IM CALLING THE COPS!”

I whipped out my phone, and just like that the three guys stopped. They looked at me. “You wouldn’t.”

“I-I would.” I didn’t know if it was 911 in Canada, as it is in America. But still. I began calling 911 when they began to make a run for it, thank God.

I crouched down and helped Shawn up. His nose was bleeding and he held onto his stomach in pain.

His arm slung around my neck and he limped as I led him to my car. I opened the door and he struggled as he sat down on the passenger side of the car. Closing the door, I ran over to the other side and quickly started the car.

“I can’t go home like this,” Shawn said in between groans, his face in a grimace from pain.

“That’s no problem. I’ll bring you to my house and help you.”

note-

well hey. anyone depressed break is over? :( but anyway. please tell me if im going too fast with this story. idk its just fun to write, ya know?so yeah.

comment, vote, and maybe feedback? Thank you ily.

Lots of love,

-Liv❤️