≫ⓢⓔⓥⓔⓝ

I woke up the next morning, facing the wall in front of me. Beside me, I heard a faint breathing noise.

Shawn. I completely forgot.

My body sat straight up, waking up Shawn. "You need to go before my Aunt catches us," I said.

Now it was his turn to sit straight up. I forgot he was still not wearing a shirt. This time, I attempted not to stare at his gorgeous body and abs. I nonchalantly looked at him as if he were my close friend, because he is.

Shawn got out of bed and put his shirt on with the blood stain. "How's your cut?" I asked him.

"Still hurts, but I'll be fine."

He gave me the directions to his house as I drove in Gabe's car. It was a five minute drive since his neighborhood was close to mine. I pulled into his driveway and looked at his house. It was a normal, two-story home, a little bigger than Linda's.

"Thank you for helping me, Belle. And letting me stay the night," he said as he got out of the car.

"No problem. I'll see you later."

-

Two days later it was a Monday morning. I got up for work and dragged myself there. My head was hurting from staring at my screen so long from texting Shawn all last night.

I walked into the store and saw Sophie immediately, she was putting up a new shipment of albums.

"Hey there," I said, my voice tired.

"Dang, girl, you seem dead. Everything okay?" Her hair, like mine, was in a high ponytail and she also wore the ugly 'Darrell's Music Store' t-shirt with the hideous logo.

"Everything's fine." I lied, even though my thoughts were completely of Shawn.

Later that night, I was on my laptop when I got a Facetime request from mom. Unfortunately, I had no choice but to except. With this, I clicked the 'accept' button and both of my parent's faces showed up on the screen in front of me. Behind them was a wall, mom was sitting in a chair and dad was crouching down beside her.

"Hey, sweetie!" sang my mother's cheerful voice.

"Hi, guys."

"How's everything?" dad asked.

"Okay, I guess."

"And how's Gabe?"

"He's asleep. Gabe's been...preoccupied lately. With, like, work and stuff." Work? What the hell am I saying? He's really preoccupied with parties and girls and rock concerts.

Meanwhile, mom and dad told me how much of a great time they were having in Cabo and how much they missed Gabe and I. All I could think was what a big load of crap that is. Like they really miss us.

-

I was laying in bed and it was late at night. My eyes were growing heavy and I was so close to falling asleep when my phone made a noise.

Shawn: I can't sleep.

Shawn: Text me backkkkk.

Shawn: Pleassseeeeee?

Me: gtfo im asleep

Shawn: aw dammit

Me: haha.

Shawn: question: what days do you work at darrell's and what hours?

Me: uuuuuhhhhhh whhyyyyyy

Shawn: you'll see.

Me: shawn ur fucking scaring me.

Shawn: just tellll meee

Me: mondays tuesdays and thurdays from seven to noon NOW TELL ME.

Shawn: haha

Me: SHAWN.

Shawn: what

Me: TELL ME.

Shawn: oooh feisty ;))

Me: this isnt funny

Shawn: finnnneeee im bringing you a surprise.

Me: is it a gucci handbag. :)))))

Shawn: totally !!!

I laughed to myself, put my phone down, and started to fall asleep.

-

hey guys.

comment & vote pls . thank you ily.

peace n blessins

-liv