≫ⓕⓘⓕⓣⓔⓔⓝ

Damn, I've been sprinting at night now for two nights in a row.

My legs began to grow sore from running. My lungs feel as if they are about to collapse and my breathing is becoming heavy. I cannot concentrate; my mind is everywhere. Aunt Linda. Being grounded. Shawn.

And if things couldn't get any worse, it began to rain.

God. Damn. IT.

Finally, I made it to Shawn's neighborhood after about fifteen straight minutes of running. I guess doing track in middle school has finally paid off.

For some reason I became an emotional wreck again. The tears came running down my cheeks, and I don't know why, but I thought about my parents and how much I miss them. Annndddd also the amount of trouble I'm in currently with Aunt Linda.

My running slowed down once I approached Shawn's house. I made my way to his backyard, and relief hit me when I saw his bedroom light on. Oh, God, but how am I going to get up there? Shit, that's an awful big tree I'd have to climb...but it's worth it for Shawn.

The rain began to pick up to the point where it began pouring. A loud crash of thunder scared the living bejesus out of me, a small gasp escaping my mouth. My entire body is soaked, and my hair is drenched.

I began to climb the tree that lead me to his window. And man, did this take me awhile. I went from branch to branch. I felt like a little kid again. A sudden flash of lightening caught my eye, making me scared to death again.

Shawn, Shawn, Shawn.

After what seemed like a million years, I reached his window. I peeked through it and saw Shawn sitting on the end of his bed, playing his guitar. My heart began to beat faster and faster, he looked so attractive.

And to think I'm not allowed to see him again made me sob even more.

I knocked on his window, making him jump suddenly. Once he saw me, he rushed over to the window and opened it for me.

"What the hell are you doing?" he asked, his expression both shocked and confused.

I opened my mouth to speak, but the only thing that came out were sobs. He helped me into his bedroom and closed the window behind me, making sure none of the rain didn't get in or anything.

I stood in the middle of his bedroom, shaking and cold, drenched from being in the rain, and my face red and puffy from crying. I looked like absolute hell.

"What happened?" Shawn asked, taking me into his arms. I wrapped my arms around him, his beautiful, muscular body that I love dearly. I continued to cry to him and I shook like a leaf.

"Here," he said, letting go of me. He walked over to his closet and pulled out a blanket, wrapping it around my body. I sat on the end of his bed, trying to collect myself. He sat next to me and placed his hand on my thigh, soothing me.

There was silence between us. All you could here was the pouring rain from outside and some thunder here and there. I began to speak up. "She won't let me see you."

Shawn looked at me. "What? Why?"

"She thinks you're trouble for making me skip work and I...I think she thinks we're...um..." I couldn't get the words out. "...having sex."

The look on his face was a look I'd never seen before. It was a mixture of both shock embarrassment. "Oh," he said.

"Yeah," I said, awkwardly. "But that's not the point. Shawn, she's not allowing me to see you. I...I just don't know what to do..." The tears began to come back.