Chapter Seven

"Can someone please inform the rest of us what the hell happened here?" Michael was shouting. We were all sitting in the drawing room. It was the day before the witch's moon, and they had come back to find the house in a state and Cole just gone. And when he did show up, he was naked and vomiting in the bushes.

Everyone turned to look at me like I was the only one who had an explanation, which I guess I was. I sat up straighter on the sofa and faced all the inquisitive eyes.

"A Maroy had sent a girl in here to slip a position into our drinks. I realized just too late, and the boys all drank it."

"What kind of potion?" Layla asked.

"It was an inhibition potion. It lowers your inhibitions to make a person do really stupid stuff."

"Then why not just get us drunk?" Cole asked.

"No no." I said having to explain better. "Alcohol lowers your inhibitions a fraction, but you still have control over your actions and can still weigh the pros and cons of your decisions and whether or not it is a good or bad idea. Alcohol will make you down a drink if you feel thirsty, the inhibition potion will make you try down the ocean and keep drinking even when it is killing you. That is what it does. It makes you act on your strongest impulse without realizing the consequences of your actions. Even if those impulses will lead to your or other people's deaths. Even the deaths of people you love. It is really dark magic."

Everyone nodded in understanding.

"Okay so who destroyed patio?" Michael asked.

"That would be me. I turned while still standing on the patio and then took off. I ate a cow." Cole said hanging his own head in disgust. I looked around in confusion, but it seemed to be the only one not understanding why that what is strongest impulses as everyone else had pity and understanding on their faces.

"And whose fault was the dining room?" Layla asked

"That would be mine." Max said but not elaborating. Thinking he could get away without an explanation. But no such luck. When he looked up everyone was still waiting patiently for him to continue.

He sighed a heavy sigh of defeat." I jumped Anna. I'm sorry dude but I'm kind of in love with her." He said to Michael. Anna clearly not looking shocked at this news meaning that they had spoken after they had finished. I was happy for her. She had finally gotten her heart's desire to. At least one score points against the Maroy and their potion.

Michael looked at Max and shook his head. "So it took a magic spell for you to finally act on what we've all known for years. Dumbass. And what about you?" he said looking at Zane.

"I see she is still alive so clearly your impulse wasn't to kill her." He continued when Zane said nothing.

"No, I fucked her instead." Zane said blatantly making me all shades of red.

"Fuck it man Zane! We need her!" Michael snapped at him. Zane said nothing and didn't look at me either. But Michael did.

"Emily, he's sorry. I'm sure you better than anyone can understand it was not his fault he will from now on not set foot near you. You are also allowed to go as soon as we have Maggi. Are we all in agreement?" He asked the rest of the boys.

All of them agreeing. Even Zane nodding his head in defeat.

So I had my freedom if this spell worked. This is what I have been fighting for since the day I got here, I should feel over the moon so why does those words feel so empty and disappointing?

Zane kept Michael's promise. Staying far away from me the whole day. He didn't say a word or even looked at me during dinner and for some strange reason that hurt. When I got back up to my room that evening, my door had been fixed and the dresser removed from my room al together.