Chapter Ten

"Emily, wake up." Is how I wake up the next morning. Seeing the harsh sunlight streaming into the tent from the zipped open door, trough which Zane was calling my name. My head was pounding but not nearly as bad as I deserved as the memories from last night was flooding over me like a tidal wave.

I put my head in my hands and groaned at the thought off all the crazy stuff I had done the night before.

Zane laughed. "How are you feeling this morning?" he asked handing me a cup of coffee. Aaaaw coffee. The magic of the human world.

"Better than I deserve." I said.

"I don't know, you were pretty good." He replied, clearly referring to the blowjob I had insisted on giving him last night. I groaned again and he laughed. He was not going to let me forget this anytime soon.

I got up and got dressed, helped him pack up and before I knew it, we were back to walking. Me on my very shaky legs. We stopped often as a few times as I thought I might throw up but all in all we made good progress. Before long he stopped and looked up a small mountain we had come to. Confused I looked at it to. It went straight up and would be uncomfortable to climb but not impossible.

He looked at the GPS and back at the mountain.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"The GPS says she is just a head of us. Only a few feet." I looked back at the mountain. This was obviously another part of protection for Maggi and the reason she was never found accidentally or by the Maroy. At least we knew she was in there and that means all we had to do was find a way in.

I walked around the rock face looking for anything that could be clue.

"Did your mother do any other kind of magic bar elemental? Or was there something she liked or was interested in?" I asked him, knowing it could help as he knew her best.

He thought for a while before saying, "Yes she was sometimes really obsessed with the moon and stars." He said hopefully. That did help.

"Cosmic magic, not hard to masker although there are some who prefer it. We are all connected to the cosmos, the planet, and other people. That is why those magics are something that all witches can tap into and is most often a small piece of magic to overlook. Especially if you know that you are going up against a witch as powerful as your mother. Simple but still brilliant. "I said walking up and down the stone wall, running my hands up and down hoping to feel a small bit of magic coming from wherever we needed to get in. Finally I found it. It was barely a spark and mostly dormant. Any witch would have easily missed it if they had known what to look for. I swept the moss and dirt away from where I felt the spark and saw a district symbol carved into the stone.

"Mmmm" I said.

"What? What is it?" Zane said right by my ear making me jump. I had not heard him coming up behind me.

"It's a two-point lock. You need two things of magical descent to open this lock. It could be anything, from a spell to sacrifice, a specific word or even sometimes just the heat from your hand but with this symbol it means it needs two things at the same time."

"How does that help us. You just said it could be anything."

"What was your mothers favorite as you mentioned her interest in the cosmos. When was her favorite time of day or year or month?"

"I don't know. She liked the moon and would stare at it a lot."

Okay so a moon phase. One coinciding with the witch's moon as she knew that is when the locating spell would have to be done. Factoring in that she wouldn't have known all the problems that would be faced. So id wager a guess and say a normal full moon which by all calculations should be tonight.