32

a/n: hi, i normally don't put an authors note at the beginning of the chapter. but i wanted to say that this picture ^ is an example of indy's childhood home.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

╭                                    ╮
apple pie
╰                                    ╯

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

.・。.・゜✭ REAL LIFE

it was the day rudy was meeting indy's parents. he was nervous about making a good impression. indy her parents are very important to her, and rudy was nervous that if they didn't like him indy would doubt their relationship. he had no intention on hurting indy and he could already picture their future together. they weren't living together yet but rudy was planning on changing that. but the most important thing he had to worry about today was making a good impression.

"what's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" indy asked as she sat down next to him at the counter. he was currently eating his breakfast as indy made coffee for them. indy had her cereal ready for her to eat. they were staying at rudy's hotel. it was small but still had everything, including a small kitchen.

"i'm worried your parents won't like me." rudy answered almost whispering. he was afraid she would think that was stupid.

"bub, you don't have to. they will love you." indy wrapped her arms around his neck and brought rudy in for a hug. she stroked the back of his neck and gave him a kiss on the cheek before backing away from the hug.

"they will love you because i love you. you don't have to worry about them. my mom already loves you just because of our instagram photos." indy laughed. "and my dad will love you as well because he'll see you treat me right. and that's all he wants for his daughter."

the words comforted rudy. he knew she was right. but still a part of him was worried he would make a fool of himself. luckily olivia would be there as well and she liked him already. it was just a lunch they were going to so it wasn't a big family thing.

"thank you." rudy smiled and planted a soft kiss on indy's lips. they ate breakfast together and chatted the time away.

while indy was in the shower rudy tried to put an outfit together. he was deciding between his black and blue shirt. somehow he was indecisive and it felt like this was a life changing decision. it obviously wasn't but still he couldn't decide.

"babe, what t-shirt should i wear?" rudy asked. he had heard the shower turn off a few minutes ago and knocked on the door. indy opened it only wearing a towel and no makeup.

"wow. do i have the most beautiful girlfriend or what?" he planted a soft kiss on indy's cheek and hugged her from behind while she was combing her hair in the mirror.

"go with the blue shirt and your black jeans. casual and something you would usually wear."

"thank you." rudy gave indy one last kiss on her cheek and went into the bedroom to change into his clothes from his pyjama's. indy had gotten ready as well and they were waiting outside for their uber to arrive. indy noticed rudy was tapping his foot while nervously looking for the car.

"don't be nervous ruds. it's going to be fine." indy reassured him again. she grabbed his hand and gave it a quick squeeze, assuring him she was there. the uber soon arrived and took them to indy's childhood home right outside the center of new york.

it was a terraced house with two stories. and it had small stairs leading up to the front door. there were big windows looking out over the street which made the house look bigger. there was a small front yard filled with a vegetables and fruit which indy's mother would used to work on every weekend. she used apples from the small apple tree to bake apple pie for every event that would come up in the family. just the look of the home gave indy flashbacks of her childhood and it made her smile.

they got out of the uber and walked up the few stairs to the front door. indy looked to her side, rudy was still looking nervous but she knew everything would be alright. her parents weren't scary at all. she might never have brought a boyfriend home but she was sure her parents would be nice.

indy rang the doorbell and took rudy's hand in hers. she gave it one last squeeze. it wasn't long until the front door opened and it revealed her loving mother. the color of her blonde hair was almost identical to indy's and the same went for their blue eyes. rudy looked at the two and could see the resemblence.

"hello you two!" indy gave her mother a hug and when they let go she looked to her side. rudy was standing there not sure what to do. luckily for him her mother gave rudy a hug as well.

"it's nice to meet you rudy." indy let go of a breath she didn't know she was holding at smiled at the interaction.

"it's nice to meet you as well mrs. price."

"oh please, call me claire." claire gave rudy's bicep a squeeze before stepping to the side and letting the two walk into the house. as indy had guessed the house smelled like her mother's apple pie. indy's mouth watered at the thought. she hadn't been home in a while and longed for her mother's food.

they both put their coats on the coat rack in the hallway and indy let rudy into the living room, revealing her father sitting on the couch.

"hello dad." indy smiled when her father spun his head around and a smile formed on his face. he waisted no time and got up from the place he was seated and gave his oldest daughter a hug.

"indy, hun. i've missed you."

"i've missed you too dad." they seperated from the hug and her father looked at rudy. rudy's breath got caught in his throat and he had no idea what to do.

"dad, this is rudy. my boyfriend." indy decided to break the silence and introduce the two.

"nice to meet you mr. price." rudy stuck out his hand for her father to shake. but he declined and went in for a hug instead.

"please call me mark." mark said after pulling away from the hug. indy sighed in relieve as both of her parents told rudy to call them by their first names. it was something simple but already a step in the right direction.

"where's olivia?" indy asked curiously. she had looked around the room and had not seen her sister anywhere. she had promised to be there to make things less awkward. but now she was nowhere to be seen.

"she's on her way. she had a lecture until 11 and apparently there was traffic." her mother said coming out of the kitchen into the living room with the apple pie on a plate in her hands.

"i made apple pie for our special guest." claire smiled proudly while setting it down on the coffee table. indy went into the kitchen to grab plates and forks for them to eat the pie with. her parents had settled on the couch and rudy was sitting in a chair on the opposite of them. indy sat down in the chair next to rudy's and put the cutlery down.

"thank you." rudy smiled. he was already feeling welcomed by indy's family.

a/n: long chapter :)
word count: 1280