prologue

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

╭                                    ╮
what's going on?
╰                                    ╯

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

.・。.・゜ REAL LIFE

indy was sitting on the couch, her feet on the coffee table and her computer on her lap. she had a cup of coffee in her hands and was reading over a few emails. maddie and bailey were both with their parents for a few weeks, so the house was nice and quiet.

the stranger things cast had been with them for a week but then had to leave because of press duties. it at been a few weeks since they had stayed in charleston and luckily everything had gone well.

indy hadn't had a lot of time alone in the past few months and it felt nice to be alone again. obviously she loved being with her friends and boyfriend. but sometimes it could get a little overwhelming.

indy heard a knock on her apartment door and went over to see who was there. she opened the door, only to be revealed by her charming boyfriend. she had no idea he was coming over and it looked like he didn't either. he was wearing his grey sweatpants, a black shirt and some flipflops on his feet. his hear was messy as if he had just come out of bed. which wouldn't be too odd considering it was only ten am.

"hey bub. didn't know you were coming over." indy gave her boyfriend a kiss and stepped out of the way so he could come inside. rudy went over to the kitchen and sat on the island. he played with the rings on his fingers, almost as if he was nervous.

he hadn't said a word to indy yet which concerned her. he looked like his heart was beating rapidly and he had to get something of his chest. indy grew nervous at the sight. he wasn't going to break up with her? had he done something?

"ruds, what's going on?" indy tried to hide her concern in a loving tone but she failed. rudy recognized her tone and didn't want to scare her.

he was scared. he was about to ask a question which could be too soon. but he hadn't stopped thinking about it for weeks. he hadn't slept last night trying to come up with reasons not to ask her, which didn't help the nerves.

"bub?"

"i'm about to ask you something. and it might be way to soon but frankly i haven't stopped thinking about it. this is something i really want and i think we're ready for it. i mean i'm ready for it. and if you're not that's fine but i think we are." rudy was rambling and indy grew more nervous by the second. was he going to propose? she wasn't ready. they had been only dating for six months!

"bub just tell me." indy walked closer to her boyfriend and took on of his hand in hers. his hands were clammy and sweaty but she didn't mind. she wanted to know what he was thinking and what he was about to ask her.

"indy i love you. like a lot. i can't sleep without you in my arms. i can't eat because i can't stop thinking about you. when you were in new york i was a mess. i was hardly sleeping and knew i had to get to you as fast as possible. i don't want to be away from you. our apartments are too far away from each other. and yes i know it's only a couple of floors but it feels too far away. i want to move in together. and i don't mind where. it could be here or in new york. whatever you want. as long as i get to be with you."

indy sighed in relieve as response. nobody had ever said something like that to her and it felt good to hear.

"yes rudy. i want to move in with you." rudy picked her up and spun her around in the kitchen. indy held onto his neck and leaned down to give him a kiss on the lips.

he set her down and they both moved to the couch with a cup of coffee. they were talking about how to decorate and furnish their new place together. indy was rambling about the colors she wanted to use. and the different plants she could set out for people to see.

rudy admired everything about her. she got exited for the little things. like getting breakfast in bed, seeing someone else happy, seeing a little kid smiling at her, decorating, and rudy could go on. he loved that about her.

"you know, i think it's beautiful the way you think." he said as he tucked away a piece of stray hair behind her ears. indy smiled at the gesture and gave him a kiss on the lips.

for some reason that boy wont stop messing with her heart. the way he looks at her with a grin, like he feels like the luckiest man in the world, the way every girl in this world wished to be looked at.

indy was at peace. at peace with what she had been through. at peace with herself and at peace with where she and rudy were headed.

she felt happy. the happiest she had ever been.

a/n: and this is the end of the book!

i want to thank you for the love it has been getting. i know it might not seem like a lot to some people but for me it's something. it shows me people actually like the writing and i know i've not been wasting my time.

i'm currently writing something else that i've told you about in a previous chapter. again: this will NOT be a fan fiction or a social media book. this will be actual real life writing. i'm not sure when or if i'm going to publish it. but if i am i will post an update on this book.

maybe somewhere down the line i will update this book and rewrite it. so if you have seen some mistakes like spelling or timeline or anything. please leave a comments so i can fix it.

the first time i got a vote from someone i immediately got excited. because you post something somewhere, having no clue what it's going to do. and now i have 8k reads and 315 votes and im still amazed.

thank you all for reading this book 🥺