Chapter 4 - A MISSION HAS BEGAN

Recap
"Lola, you are the 3rd that anchors the 4th, you are my number 246, your sister knows the rest. Please find her before they do, she is closer to you than you can imagine. I love the both of you. I left it under your pillow, the deepest. Kiss Zion and Zita goodbye for me. I love you all". She placed a kiss on my forehead before pulling herself from the hug. And it happened.

The line went flat.
..........................................
Numb, empty and lifeless is the best way to describe me at this moment as I stare at my mom. That woman who has been there for me right from when I was born, my first best friend, teacher, playmate and everything I could ever think of. She is gone, that person who would play peek-a-boo with Zion and Zita, that one person who would invite my friends over without my knowledge and host them to delicious meals and go ahead to show them my childhood pictures. She is gone, that woman who accommodated Tay when her parents disappeared all of a sudden, that woman who played the role of a second mother to Tay and never treated her as an outsider, that woman who always come to support Tay and I whenever we had a debate competition or during school sport's day. She is gone, that one person who supported me when I started training for underground fights, that one person who would tease me about not having a boyfriend and tell me all about her numerous boyfriend's during her high school days. She is gone, not on a business trip or a trip to the mall to get Christmas gifts or birthday presents, but she is gone on a long lasting trip never to return. I looked around the room and I saw dad at the right side of mom's bed holding her hand and crying, turning to the left I saw Tay standing beside the stroller crying as well, but my tears refuse to fall.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,no,no,no,no,no,no, Mom you can't go just like that". I tapped her hands. "Mom, mom, mom, listen to me, I need to talk to you about something, just get up for me please". I felt two hands pull me up from the bed. I know I look like an ugly banshee while screaming.

"MOMMMMM, tell them to let go of me, I need to talk to you". I struggled to free myself from the nurses grip. "Let go of me, I need to talk to my mom".

Dr. Garcia walked in and I felt the nurses grip on me loosen, I quickly pulled out and ran to stop the doctor from covering her.

"What do you think you're doing?".I asked him "Do something, don't think you can just walk in here to cover her body". I told him.

"Listen Lola, there is nothing we can do, remember I told you that she signed the "do not resuscitate form, so there is nothing I can do". He explained to me as he tried to walk past me to cover her body.

"Didn't you hear what I said?". I pulled him back. "I said do something, I don't care about any stupid form she signed, JUST DO SOMETHING,DO SOMETHING, DON'T JUST STARE AT ME, DO SOMETHING". I screamed at his face.

He turned to my dad and announced her time of death and asked him to take us all out.

"Time of death - 10:15pm". He announced. "Sir please we would like you to take your family out of the room".

Walking out of the room, my whole system was dead. My mom was never going to return to me. I was never going to see her face again, her smiles are gone as well, her soft hands that always brush through my hair is gone, her lips that places soft kisses on my forehead am never going to feel again. It is all gone.

"Lola, it's okay". Tay pulled me into a hug. "I know how you feel, but think of it this way, she left us with her good memories, even if she is gone physically,she will forever live and reside in our hearts".

"She is gone for good, she never made it to our graduation Tay, she never made it to Zion and Zita's first day at kindergarten that is just around the corner. They both need her but she is gone, there might be memories for us to live with but there is no memory for them". I told her. " What about the launching at Dad's office that she promised to host?, she is not here anymore. She didn't make it".