Chapter 1- NEWS

"FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" I grew with excitement as the chanting increased, knowing that they were all watching and waiting for me to take down my opponent.

He moved closer to me with a look of disgust on his face and he whispered in my ears, "Little girl, you should surrender right now, cause am gonna whip your ass" He said.

Should I be scared? Probably, but I decided to do a little something to show him that am not shaken by silly words of threat. I smirked at him and pinched his cheeks, surprisingly they were soft.

"You are so cute". I said to him, while his face grew with anger and he looked like he was about to raise his hands, I kneed him where the sun doesn't shine and he groaned in pain loosing his balance and going down on his knees making it looks as if he was bowing down before me. I had wanted to use my elbow to finish what I had started but I remembered his words at the beginning, so I bent down to his level and whispered in his ears as he did to me before.

"Next time, try to think before you speak". I told him before getting up to leave but then it clicked again in my head. "A little tip for when you go against another opponent, do not underestimate anyone no matter how small or big that person may be". Then I used my hand to hit a certain vein on the side of his neck and he passed out almost immediately. I didn't expect that to work, it was a little trick I learnt from training but I never used it on anyone.

I won again, that means extra cash for me. Very good Lola, I tapped myself on my shoulder as a good job sign

"You did well out there kid and that was quicker than I expected". That's my coach speaking. "Well done and good job, here is your cash kid". Coach Sam's took me in when I first came to this place and ever since then he has been watching and keeping an eye on me like a hawk, but am grateful and I would not change it for anything.

Now time to head home and rest my bones for school.

"Well coach, see you tomorrow, am gonna be on my way home now". I said to him. "Goodnight". I waved at him as made my way to the underground parking lot to get my car.

Getting to my car, I felt a vibration and I remembered that I put my phone on silent vibration. Taking out the phone from my pocket I checked the caller ID and "Bestie❤️🤞" appears on my screen alongside Tay's picture. I braced myself for her shouts and lectures on how am suppose to be home on time, but nevertheless I picked it up.

"HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, Baby girlllllllllll". I dragged out the letter L for a long time as a way to calm her down.

"Look Lol, I know you are trying to calm me down but I didn't call you for that". She said in a rushed tone and that is very worrying.

"So what is this call for?" I asked her

"Lols, your mom was making dinner and then she started coughing profusely, I rushed to get water for her only to come back and I found her on the floor with blood oozing out of her nose and mouth. I rushed her to the hospital and the doctors just took her inside for examination". The words gushed out of her mouth all at once and I stood there glued to the ground in shock not moving at all.

"What hospital is she in Tay?". I questioned her, getting into my car and zoomed out of there with only one question on my mind.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO MOM?".
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hope this is fine by you all?
Please keep reading on and on, vote and comment.
Thank you.
❤️❤️❤️❤️