Chapter 4

In picture is Declan Pierce!
Cast as Wade Poezyn

"Come on, people! My parents are only gone until tomorrow! We've got to get this party started!" I heard Payton command as we all walked through the door. "It's 3 o'clock, so we need to get started if the party is going to be at 7!"

A party? Sweet, this was just what I needed to get my mind off everything.
"Are we calling the usual people?" Wyatt asked and pulled out his cell phone.
"Of course. Make sure they bring extra beer this time. We ran out at the last party." Declan said with an eye roll. "We'll handle it, Payton."

Zeke threw a fist in the air and cheered. "I'm in charge of the Playlist!"

Payton turned to me with a beaming smile. "Finally! A girl I can consult for my outfits!"

My eyebrows shot up in surprise. I've never really had a friend who was interested in fashion. Oliver didn't really dress up often.

"Cool!" I smiled back as she hooked arms with me, giggling and pulling me up the winding stairs a few feet away.

"You can borrow some of my clothes, since we're pretty much the same size, beside the fact you're so much taller than me." She chuckles and throws open a door to her left. "Welcome to my hideaway!"

It must've been Payton's room, considering it was covered with rock band posters and pictures across the dark blue walls. "Cool, I love your taste in music."

"Thanks! My personal favorite is Pierce The Veil!" She chirps and points to the poster above her bed. "So how about those outfits?"

She struts toward two doors and opens them to reveal the biggest closet I've seen I'm my whole life. It's safe to say that Payton likes black.

She flicks the light switch then goes to work by flipping through her hangers.
"How about this?" She holds out a red leather skirt.

"That'd look cute on you!" I say honestly as I pick up a shirt.

"Not for me, for you." She smirks.

My jaw falls open, "I've never worn anything like that."

"Can't hurt to try! This is going to be fun!"
Uh-oh.

~

Three hours and seemingly hundreds of outfits later, we were both completely dressed. Payton looked fierce in her leather jacket and tight blue dress to match her hair.

I, on the other hand, looked nothing like myself.. and I kind of liked it. My blonde hair was in beach waves while my brown eyes seemed sultry with my smokey eye. I wore the red leather skirt that Payton picked out with a strapless flowing top.

"You work wonders, Payton." I chuckled and cross my legs as I sat on her bed. She took a seat next to me and flipped her hair jokingly.

"I know. You look great! How about we go downstairs to see if our guests have arrived?" She offered and stood up.

"Sure." I said and followed her to the door.
Just as we opened it, we heard a knock on the door.

"Come in! The party's about to start." Payton yelled when Lucas opened the door.
"DJ Zeke to the rescue!" Zeke called and instantly turned the stereo on high, streaming music throughout the house.

"Woah, this is going to be awesome." I beamed as the people streamed in.

Crowds of people swarmed around Payton's house, making it so I had to force my way through. Payton had to go play host for the crowds that were still coming in.

"Lucy!" I heard Lucas call my name and fight through the crowds.

"This is crazy!" I laughed in disbelief once Lucas reached me. "Is it like this all the time?"

"Payton's parents go out of town every other weekend, so yes, it is." He chuckled. "Do you want a drink?"

I thought about it for a second, knowing my dad would kill me if he found out, but nodded, "Sure, that'd be great."

"C'mon." He grabbed my hand to lead me into the kitchen, which was surprisingly empty. The island in the center held multiple packs of beer and appetizers, while some were being passed out by servers that Payton hired. Lucas handed me one and grabbed himself another.

"How'd you end up with this group, anyways?" I asked him the question I'd been dying to ask all day.

He sighed, "I got pretty trashed after hearing the news about Oliver. I was messed up and almost got myself into some deep shït. Luckily, they were there to stop me."

I lifted myself onto the counter and nodded as I took a drink of my beer. The warm liquid tasted strange to me, but it calmed me. "Good, I'm glad. I was a little unstable after hearing the news, too.. Okay, I still am an emotional wreck." I bit my lip. "It was just... just so unexpected I had no time to prepare myself."

He nodded with a sad smile. "To Oliver." He rose his beer and I did the same.

"To Oliver."

We sat and talked a little bit about our memories of Oliver. It was nice, but definitely not what I wanted to talk about at a party.

One of the popular songs that I actually liked came on, and I faced Lucas. "Let's dance. I want to take my mind off of everything."

I dragged him out of the kitchen into the foyer where the music and dance floor was. The server passed with shots, so I grabbed one and downed it.
It was time for me to let go of Oliver.

~

Five songs and 4 shots later, I was flirting with some boys from the school a couple towns over.

"Excuse me while I use the little girl's room." I giggled and touched his chest gently. Stumbling a bit, I grabbed yet another shot on my way, only to bump into a rock-hard chest and spill my drink.

"Move, Mr. Muscles." I slurred and tried to move around the guy I bumped into.
"Lucy, I think you've had enough.." He said and stopped me.

I looked up to see who it was, but my vision was blurred by the booze. "Well, look who's Mr. Responsible!" I mocked him and set my empty shot class on a vintage side table next to me.

"Be quiet." He said and grabbed my arm firmly but not harshly.
"Stop it!" I shrieked and tried to wiggle out of his grip, but he was too strong for me. "Let go, Mr. Meanie."
Wow, great insult, Drunk Lucy.

I heard him chuckle softly under the chaotic noise. He just continued to bring me up the stairs while I stumbled up them.
He opened the door up to Payton's room, revealing a couple making out hardcore. He instantly cleared the room when they saw the guy.

Walking behind him, I tripped in my heels, but he reflexively caught me and wrapped his arm around my waist to keep me upright. Because of my drunk stupor, I decided to smile flirtatiously and went up onto my tip toes, tilting my head at him.

"You want to kiss me, don't you?"
He sighed and rolled his eyes, "It's time to go to sleep, Lucy."

My shoulders slumped, and I crawled into bed. "Will you stay with me?" My voice grew soft and vulnerable. The buzz of the party and the beer grew dull, forcing me to face reality. He nodded, sitting on the bed next to where I laid.
Before I could stop them, the words came out.

"I love you, Oliver." I whispered and closed my eyes to fall into a deep sleep.