Chapter 3

That's Lucas in the picture!
And it's Chris Collins!

I couldn't go back in there, not yet. The stares would make me go ballistic, no matter how much I would try to ignore them.

That's why it was perfect timing to be around this group.

"Anybody wanna get outta here and head to the hangout?" Payton, a girl whom I didn't notice beforehand because of her petite stature, asked and walked in front of us. Her bright blue hair was hard to miss once you've met her, as well as her personality.

"Hell yeah!" Zeke yelled and his mop-like brown hair bobbed as he stood adruptly from his position sitting against the wall.

Wyatt, Zeke, and Payton ran off excitedly to Wyatt's brand new car, a truck of some sort. Declan walked casually behind them, shaking his head with a smirk on his face.

"Uh, there's not enough room in there for all of us, is there?" I nervously asked Lucas next to me.

He chuckled a bit, "Nope."

"So are we going in separate cars?" I asked obliviously.

He then gave the same simple answer before he yelled to the other guys. "We got the back!"

Wyatt laughed, "I'll make sure to go extra slow." The wink that he gave us made me think otherwise. Lucas led me to the back of the truck.

"Uh.. we aren't actually going to ride in the bed of the truck, are we?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't worry; it's fun!" He smiled and helped me into it before following behind. He pounded the top of the truck with his hand before sitting down next to me.

The truck pulled out of the parking lot with the roar of the engine and into the empty roads ahead.

The snow of the everlasting winter season was surprisingly melted. It seemed to be the first time in years that snow has melted before April, and it's not even February yet.

I felt movement shake me from my thoughts and looked beside me to see Lucas standing up.

"Luke! Sit down!" I shrieked when he held his arms out in the open air.

"Luce, stand up!" He mocks then laughs. "It feels amazing." He spoke with bliss in his voice as he let the wind hit his face. The truck sped up, making me clutch onto the side of the truck.

Lucas held out a hand to me, motioning for me to take it. With a gulp, I took it, and he pulled me to my feet.

I wobbled for a moment before standing my ground, feeling the wind blow back my hair from my face. Adrenaline rushed through my veins, causing a large smile to cross my face.

"Oh my gosh, this is crazy!" I laughed as the truck sped just a touch up, which made me waver. Lucas secured an arm around my waist to keep me from flying back.

"Let your arms out." He advised me. "I've got you."

I looked at him fearfully, yet he gave me a reassuring nod.

Bravely, I took one hand from the top of the truck and held it out, then did the same with the other.

It felt like I was flying when I closed my eyes. I was flying away from everything that had happened recently, and I was free, free from sadness and pain. It was peaceful, just for a moment. My eyes were still closed when the truck began to slow down.

"Lucy, we're here." Lucas said, making me open my eyes.

"Oh," I replied with a slight blush in embarassment. I walked to the edge and hopped off.

Payton giggled as she got out from the passenger seat from the truck. "You seemed like you were having fun, Girly."

I smiled slightly then laughed awkwardly at the nickname, "Just a little.."

She skipped over to where we stopped at, and I gazed upon it.

I couldn't decided if it was a large mansion or a small castle. Seemingly millions of windows covered the front of the house. The finely placed dark bricks built up to four stories and into a medieval style roof. I hadn't seen it before, most likely because the vast amount of trees which surrounded the estate.

"Woah.." was all I could say.

"Welcome to my humble abode." Payton laughed sarcastically. She hadn't seemed like a rich kid with her ripped up jeans and band tee. Her pierced lip was pulled into a slight grimace at my reaction then formed into a tight-lipped smile.

"She's a bit apprehensive when it comes to people finding out she's rich." Declan Pierce appeared behind me with a shrug. "So keep your mouth shut."

"Jerk," I said simply and crossed my arms over my chest. "You're really-"

Declan had walked away as soon as he came.

I scoffed before following behind him and the others into the house, if you could call it that.

~
Sorry it's short, but it kinda gives a look into Lucy's personality.