14 | sweet place

I park my car in front of Cal's apartment and sigh

I park my car in front of Cal's apartment and sigh. It's still dark outside. A glance at my wristwatch tells me that it's only six in the morning. Definitely too early for me to come here.

If I suddenly appear out of the blue, Cal would sense that something is off, and I don't know how to explain it to him.

I rest my head on the steering wheel, thinking that taking a nap now won't be a bad idea. A small scoff of desperation leaves my mouth. I haven't expected that I would do something like this -- sneaking out of my parents' sight to see a guy. It's silly, I know. I feel so pathetic.

I groan and shut my eyes, allowing myself to doze off. I indeed still feel sleepy because of waking up so early.

My eyelids flicker as I feel a ray of sunlight hit my face

My eyelids flicker as I feel a ray of sunlight hit my face. I instantly sit up and look at my watch, which reads 07.05 AM.

Great. Just in time.

I quickly dial Cal's number, and his voice echoes from the other side of the line.

"Amy?" He sounds surprised. "Are you waiting for me already?" he teases, and I can't deny that those simple words warm my heart. "I think I'm going to be there in about..." he falters, probably glancing at the clock. "45 minutes from now. Is that okay?"

I bite my lower lip, thinking about how embarrassing this might sound. But I've already dragged myself into this mess, so I have to continue.

"Actually," I start, "You don't need to pick me up. I'm already here in front of your apartment. I'm sorry for being impulsive, but..." I falter, trying to make him understand so that he won't be mad at me.

Of course, he wouldn't be mad at me, would he?

"I just think that it's better if we have breakfast together with Jasmine. I want to see her." Although I'm not telling him the entire truth, I'm not lying either. I do miss Jasmine.

Cal chuckles. "Well, I was planning to bring her with me too so that we can have breakfast together before dropping her off at her school," Cal says. "But never mind. You're already here."