four.

chapter four/...

jealousy/...

The Grisha and Fayra had gotten to the Little Palace before Alina and Kirigan. Alina still had Fayra's Kefta so she still had her blood stained shirt. Fayra had blood on her hands and a little splattered across her shirt and face from the fight. When Fayra dropped off her horse at the stables to be tended to, she walked back to her room. The whole walk there, Grisha had horrified looks on their faces as a blood stained Fayra walked past them with a straight face. It looked like something out of a horror movie.

Fayra was walking down the hall to her room and Genya was coming the other way to come see her. "Fairy- oh my Saints." Genya saw the blood everywhere and was also horrified. "I know." Fayra opened her room door and Genya followed in after her. Fayra walked right into her bathroom and started washing the blood off her face. Genya closed the door behind her and sat down in one of Fayra's chairs. Fayra came out of the bathroom with no more blood on her face or hands, but there was still blood on her shirt.

"Where's your Kefta?"

"I gave it to Alina Starkov so she'd be protected, who, by the way, is the Sun Summoner." Genya had a shocked look on her face. "Well...Th-That's great. Where's the general? I expected him to drop you off."

"He's with Alina somewhere, I don't know where." Fayra winced at the pain in her shoulder. Genya stood up and looked at Fayra's shoulder. "Dear Saints! What did you do?!"

"We were attacked coming back by Fjerdans." Genya nodded. She ran her hand just over Fayra's cut and it healed. "Thanks."

Genya sat back down in one of her chairs and Fayra started looking through her closet for another shirt. Luckily, there was no blood on her pants and they weren't that dirty. Genya noticed that Fayra was the opposite of how she was the last time she saw Fayra. A lot less chipper. "What's wrong?"

Fayra found a shirt and took it off the rack. "Nothings wrong. Other than me getting shot, I'm fine." Fayra walked into the bathroom but didn't close the door so she could still talk to Genya. Although, she did walk around the corner so Genya couldn't see her. "Are you sure? Because you seem a lot more dull than you usually are."

"I'm fine, Genya." Fayra never called Genya by her name. She always called her Gen. Genya now caught on to what it might be. "Does this have anything to do with Alina and the General?"

"What? Why would I be upset about that?"

"Because your jealous."

"I am not!" Yes she is. Fayra came out of the bathroom fully clothed. "Whatever you say." Fayra smiled and shook her head. Genya, even if she was teasing her, always made Fayra feel better. She was a better friend than Alina or Mal ever were. Genya sat up from her chair and walked backwards towards the door. "Well, I have to go tend to some other people not as amazing as you are." Fayra smiled and put her hands under her chin mockingly. "I'll see you tomorrow."