nine.

chapter nine/...

my love/...

After Fayra had stormed out of the hall after slapping Kirigan, she didn't know what was going to happen next. All Fayra had done was storm through the halls, looking for one of the waiters who had alcohol. She had found one of the waiters and without stopping from walking, she grabbed two glasses of wine. Fayra immediately chugged one and right after, the other. She was not in the mood to remember tonight.

Fayra's childhood best friend who has always taken her for granted stole the one thing Fayra has ever truly cared about in her entire life. She was not in a good mood. She found another person carrying alcohol and put the glasses on that tray. Fayra was walking through the empty hall since everyone was watching the oh great and powerful sun summoner.

Her fists held tight as Fayra tries to push the pain away. Anger was filling her body and she was trying to fight off the tears which was going decently. With Fayra being around Kirigan so long and having to pretend not to be in love with him, she became pretty good at hiding her feelings even if it felt like she was drowning in a sea of her own misery and depression.

As Fayra was close to reaching the end of the hall, she noticed a guard that she had not bossed around today. Which was odd because she had to tell literally everyone what to do. Bottling up all of her feelings and all of her emotions, Fayra walked up to the guard and not in the mood to be polite, she grabbed his collar and spun him around to face her. "Who are you 'cause I know for a fact you do not work here."

With shock in his eyes, the man dressed as a guard tried to escape, but Fayra didn't even have to look at him to create a shadow that wrapped around his waist and pulled him into another hallway where no one could hear them. Fayra pushed him against the wall with a shadow and created a shadow blade and held it to his neck. "Tell me who you are and I may consider the thought of potentially not killing you."

"I work here-" Fayra cut him off before he could spit anymore lies. "Don't lie to me! I've been lied to one to many times for my liking and if one more thing you say has a sprinkle of dishonesty, I'm going to decapitate that pretty little head of yours."

Suddenly, it clicked for her. Fayra knew exactly who this person was. She had spent some time in Ketterdam on a mission Kirigan had sent her on and everyone knew who Kaz Brekker was. He was this man. "You're Kaz Brekker? Dirtyhands?"

"I-"

"Careful what you say." Kaz sighed as he was about to lie, but seeing how she already knew who he was, he was going to try and use Fayra to his advantage. "I am Kaz Brekker.

"No shit."

"Look, I'm on a mission and I could use your help."

"Why would I help you?" Kaz was very clearly hesitant. He knew who Fayra was considering she was the talk everywhere for about a year since she was Kirigan's new protege. "I'll owe you."