six.

chapter six/...

confession/...

Fayra felt bad for being so cold towards Alina. She hated how much the General had seemed to take a liking to her, but it wasn't Alina's fault. Alina was her friend and Fayra knew Alina would never hurt her. At least that's what she hoped.

It was a little later, but Fayra knew that Alina wouldn't have gone to bed yet. Fayra was standing in front of Alina's door, slightly hesitating, but she knocked on the door. Alina opened it and smiled when she saw her old friend, but could admit she was shocked to see her after she thought Fayra was mad at her. "Fayra. Come in."

Fayra walked into Alina's room and she closed the door behind her. Alina sat down in the chair by her vanity and Fayra sat down on the edge of Alina's bed. Before Alina could say anything, Fayra didn't want there to be any bad blood. "Alina. Look. I am so sorry about how I've been acting. I want you to know that I'm not mad at you or anything, I've just had a stressful day. My brain's been going a mile a minute. I took my stress out on being cold to you and I apologize."

"It's alright. I was just scared I did something wrong." Alina let out a small laugh and so did Fayra. "No, no. You didn't do anything wrong. I've just been thinking a lot lately."

Alina smiled and leaned on the back of her chair. Alina hadn't seen her in awhile, but she could tell that Fayra was different. It wasn't just because she changed. It was because there was someone in her life. Honestly, anyone could've seen it. Fayra was an open book and terrible liar.

"Really?"

Fayra nervously scratched the back of her neck. "Yeah. Um. Look, you're my friend and I know we haven't seen each other in awhile, but there's this guy-"

"I knew it!" Alina clapped her hands happily and Fayra's jaw dropped. "You did not!"

"I did! I don't know who, but you've been glowing and you seem so different. Whoever this man is, he's having a good effect on you."

"You really think so?"

"Of course!" Fayra looked down at her hands and smiled, thinking of the person she's grown to care for. This would be the first time she's actually admitting it to herself. "Soooo, who is it?"

Blush crept onto Fayra's cheeks. "Promise you won't say anything?"

"Who would I tell?" Fayra let out a small laugh. "Alright...I feel like I've felt this way for awhile, I just didn't want to admit it because he's a prick, but I kind of like that he's a prick." Alina let out a small laugh. "Don't laugh! I can't help it!" Alina let out another laugh, but covered her mouth. "Just tell me!"

"Alright, alright. You won't laugh?"

"Promise."

"It may or may not be General Kirigan." Alina's jaw dropped. She always thought that Fayra would fall in love with someone exactly like her. Not someone who seemed heartless and dark. "Really? General Kirigan?"