Chapter 3 [ Atmosphere ]

Jonghyun went for practice on his own after class. He went into an empty music classroom and started playing a piece on the piano and sang, putting all his emotions into the song.

Y/N was about to head into the music classroom to sing but then she heard the music and an emotional but beautiful voice, she took a peek and saw Jonghyun singing his heart out to the piece he is playing on the piano.

As the song ends, Y/N approached him and ask "You can play that too"
Jonghyun looks at her, a little startled. "Oh! You startled me... Yeah, I can play it too."
"That was beautiful. You sang with so much emotion too."
"Yes, I know. Impressed?" Jonghyun asked jokingly before both of them laughed a little.
"You are new here right?"
"Yes, I'm new here. I probably mentioned it before." Jonghyun said.
She laughed before saying "Yes, I just didn't recall it well enough to remember it. I prefer to just have my alone time."
"Why do you prefer that?"
"Well, I am not into that type of crowd and mixing with strangers."
"Am I still a stranger to you?" Jonghyun asked as he laughed a little.
"No, you might still be a stranger to me." She said before laughing.
"Wow. I'm not. I'm your acquaintance now. Soon to be friends."
"If you are my soon-to-be friend then you should buy me a meal"
"A meal? You are asking a little too much"
Both of them laughed.

In the forest...

A skulk gathers around as one of them speaks... "It seems to me that one of our own became human, what should we do?"
"We must banish him!" one of the foxes shouted.
"We must tear him apart!" another shouted.
The leader continued "I don't like a betrayal against our family. He disgusts us!" Everyone started cheering and shouting.
"We are going to destroy him"

At the city...

Jonghyun drives her back home... "Thank you for fetching me home"
"Not a problem."
She got out of the car but before she closes the door, she asks... "Do you... Do you want to come in?"
"Yes... sure, let me just park my car."

At Y/N's home...
Jonghyun sat down on the floor, it seems like her layout is very traditional...
She came out of the kitchen, placing two glasses of orange juice on the table before sitting down. "Thank you," Jonghyun said. "Do you live here alone?"
"No, I live with my grandma but she went out to visit friends."
"I see," Jonghyun said as he nods.
'I shouldn't have told him to come in, now it's getting awkward in here.' She thought to herself.
"Um... What about you? Do you live alone or with family?"
"Well, I am living with my family"
"I see. That's nice."
"Yes, it is."

She started rubbing her palms against her lap and her eyes shifts, not knowing where to look, she felt awkward by the atmosphere. Jonghyun notices her actions and thought to himself... 'What is she doing? Is it... Is she wanting something?'

"Do you feel cold?" Jonghyun asks.
"Huh?"
"You are rubbing your palms against your lap, so I thought you felt cold."
"Oh! Oh! No, no, I am just..."

'If I said it is awkward, he might think I am being thirsty or something... He might think wrongly about me, I mean... It's not wrong to have a man over my place right? All alone here with just both of us and two glasses of orange juice on the table and he is not even taking a sip of it. Why did I even- never mind... I need to come up with something to break the ice.'

"You're just?" Jonghyun asks curiously and anticipating an answer.
"Ah! I am just feeling numb, sitting down like this"
"Oh? I thought you are used to it... I didn't know it's like that... Go ahead and sit comfortably, maybe we can sit on a better cushion"
"Well, we only have this small cushion."
"Oh. What about the bed then?"
"Excuse me?"

'This is getting to worst, is he trying to take advantage of this moment? Shit. I'm not like that. What is he even thinking?' she thought to herself?

'Huh... What is wrong with the bed?, is it because she have bed bugs?'

"Is there a problem with the bed?"
"Ah... No, no... It's just..."

'What should I say without embarrassing eachother. I mean- maybe he is just clueless about the situation but if he is not then I still don't want to feel embarrassed and just lash out at him, he would say he isn't being that type of guy. What should I do?'